In 1988, this British band somehow made it to No. 1 with their clumsy if mildly catchy single ”Wild, Wild West.” They have not been humbled by the experience. Throughout their second album, Dollars and Sex, lead singer Trevor Steel spends most of his time brushing off women unworthy of his newfound celebrity. There’s the space-cadet bimbo he meets at a club in ”Call It Poison,” the woman to whom he sings ”All I need is a night with you/Do all the things that I want to do” (notice the emphasis on I, not we, in the second line), and the uppity babe he dismisses in ”So Fashionable” (”She got cheekbones, she got legs/She got a million-dollar beautiful empty head”). As on their debut album, the music is heavy-handed white-boy funk-a whiter shade of INXS. Just remember, boys: Fame is fleeting.
Dollars and Sex In 1988, this British band somehow made it to No. 1 with their clumsy if mildly catchy single ''Wild, Wild West.'' They have not been humbled by the...Dollars and SexPop In 1988, this British band somehow made it to No. 1 with their clumsy if mildly catchy single ''Wild, Wild West.'' They have not been humbled by the...1991-04-12
Posted April 12 1991 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See the ultimate Marvel selfie from Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: 'Workaholics' stars DJ'd set at EW's Con-X
- 'Pokémon Go': Dwayne Johnson becomes new 'rock' type, Pokérock
- Michael Fassbender loves James McAvoy 'hard'
- 'Moana': Nicole Scherzinger, Alan Tudyk join voice cast
- Michelle Dockery leading up Steven Soderbergh's Netflix miniseries
- See all the movie trailers that debuted at Comic-Con
- 'Friends': See the Cast's Evolution Over 10 Years
- This Is What the First Lollapalooza Looked Like
- Comic-Con 2016: See Scenes From Marvel's Showcase
- Comic-Con 2016: See Portraits of Marvel Studios Stars
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 3 Panels
- Comic-Con 2016: Get Batty With the Cast of 'The Walking Dead'