In 1988, this British band somehow made it to No. 1 with their clumsy if mildly catchy single ”Wild, Wild West.” They have not been humbled by the experience. Throughout their second album, Dollars and Sex, lead singer Trevor Steel spends most of his time brushing off women unworthy of his newfound celebrity. There’s the space-cadet bimbo he meets at a club in ”Call It Poison,” the woman to whom he sings ”All I need is a night with you/Do all the things that I want to do” (notice the emphasis on I, not we, in the second line), and the uppity babe he dismisses in ”So Fashionable” (”She got cheekbones, she got legs/She got a million-dollar beautiful empty head”). As on their debut album, the music is heavy-handed white-boy funk-a whiter shade of INXS. Just remember, boys: Fame is fleeting.
Dollars and Sex In 1988, this British band somehow made it to No. 1 with their clumsy if mildly catchy single ''Wild, Wild West.'' They have not been humbled by the...Dollars and SexPop In 1988, this British band somehow made it to No. 1 with their clumsy if mildly catchy single ''Wild, Wild West.'' They have not been humbled by the...1991-04-12
Posted April 12 1991 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'The Walking Dead' star Steven Yeun marries Joana Pak
- Donald Trump makes cinema great again on hilarious Instagram account
- 'Transformers' teases new trailer in behind-the-scenes clip
- Vanessa Bayer shares backstage photos of Jennifer Aniston on 'SNL'
- Box office: 'Moana' tops for second week, Disney sets industry record
- Marvel's 'Luke Cage' renewed for season 2
- Los Angeles Film Critics Association Awards: See the list of winners
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big