In 1988, this British band somehow made it to No. 1 with their clumsy if mildly catchy single ”Wild, Wild West.” They have not been humbled by the experience. Throughout their second album, Dollars and Sex, lead singer Trevor Steel spends most of his time brushing off women unworthy of his newfound celebrity. There’s the space-cadet bimbo he meets at a club in ”Call It Poison,” the woman to whom he sings ”All I need is a night with you/Do all the things that I want to do” (notice the emphasis on I, not we, in the second line), and the uppity babe he dismisses in ”So Fashionable” (”She got cheekbones, she got legs/She got a million-dollar beautiful empty head”). As on their debut album, the music is heavy-handed white-boy funk-a whiter shade of INXS. Just remember, boys: Fame is fleeting.
Dollars and Sex In 1988, this British band somehow made it to No. 1 with their clumsy if mildly catchy single ''Wild, Wild West.'' They have not been humbled by the...Dollars and SexPop In 1988, this British band somehow made it to No. 1 with their clumsy if mildly catchy single ''Wild, Wild West.'' They have not been humbled by the...1991-04-12
Posted April 12 1991 — 12:00 AM EDT
- TV legend Norman Lear gives 6 strong opinions about American life
- 'Downton Abbey' cast on saying goodbye: 'We didn't want to leave'
- Zayn Malik congratulates One Direction on their ’sick’ new single
- Dr. Dre's new album, 'Compton,' coming Aug. 7
- 'Ghostbusters' cast surprises patients at Boston children's hospital
- Chris Pratt, James Gunn mark 'Guardians of the Galaxy's one-year anniversary
- Kelly Clarkson crushes cover of Miley Cyrus' ‘Wrecking Ball’
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!