In sheer heft, Down-Island Caribbean Cookery is the only volume that approaches Elisabeth Lambert Ortiz’ The Complete Book of Caribbean Cooking, published 18 years ago but still in print. Like Ortiz, the Elberts supply several variations on each theme, which accounts for some of the heft. But their real forte seems to be in the department of serious sweets, where they’ve amassed an impressive file of distinctive local desserts. Overall, the Elberts come across as outsiders who have sought out real island cooking and native ingredients — and have taken care to duplicate the sort of tasty spicing that the other books tend to simplify. B
Down-island Caribbean Cookery In sheer heft, Down-Island Caribbean Cookery is the only volume that approaches Elisabeth Lambert Ortiz' The Complete Book of ...Down-island Caribbean CookeryCooking/HomeGeorge A. Elbert, Virginie F. Elbert In sheer heft, Down-Island Caribbean Cookery is the only volume that approaches Elisabeth Lambert Ortiz' The Complete Book of ...1991-04-12
Genre: Cooking/Home; Author: George A. Elbert, Virginie F. Elbert
Posted April 12 1991 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'The Girl with the Lower Back Tattoo': Top 10 Kindle highlights
- 'American Gods': First look at Kristin Chenoweth as Easter
- Stars rally behind Leslie Jones after website hack
- Bob Odenkirk to write book on life, 'Better Call Saul,' 'Breaking Bad'
- Bella Thorne to produce Lifetime vampire flick
- Hailee Steinfeld talks bad haircuts, coming of age in 'Edge of Seventeen'
- 'Underground' adds Aisha Hinds as Harriet Tubman for season 2
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...