In sheer heft, Down-Island Caribbean Cookery is the only volume that approaches Elisabeth Lambert Ortiz’ The Complete Book of Caribbean Cooking, published 18 years ago but still in print. Like Ortiz, the Elberts supply several variations on each theme, which accounts for some of the heft. But their real forte seems to be in the department of serious sweets, where they’ve amassed an impressive file of distinctive local desserts. Overall, the Elberts come across as outsiders who have sought out real island cooking and native ingredients — and have taken care to duplicate the sort of tasty spicing that the other books tend to simplify. B
Down-island Caribbean Cookery In sheer heft, Down-Island Caribbean Cookery is the only volume that approaches Elisabeth Lambert Ortiz' The Complete Book of ...Down-island Caribbean CookeryCooking/HomeGeorge A. Elbert, Virginie F. Elbert In sheer heft, Down-Island Caribbean Cookery is the only volume that approaches Elisabeth Lambert Ortiz' The Complete Book of ...1991-04-12
Genre: Cooking/Home; Author: George A. Elbert, Virginie F. Elbert
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- Nick Offerman, Megan Mullally cancel Indiana show in response to Indiana Religious Freedom Restoration Act
- 'The Flash': THAT unmasked man on shocking Reverse Flash twist
- Mark Wahlberg to produce Boston Marathon bombing movie 'Patriots' Day'
- 'American Idol' alum Justin Guarini on how he became Diet Dr. Pepper’s Lil' Sweet
- Scott Weiland on his new album Blaster and the power of David Bowie
- 'Wolf Creek' filmmaker to direct James Gunn-scripted 'The Belco Experiment'
- Netflix orders season 2 of 'Bloodline'
- Woe-woe-woe: 23 signature sad songs of the past 20 years
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!