In sheer heft, Down-Island Caribbean Cookery is the only volume that approaches Elisabeth Lambert Ortiz’ The Complete Book of Caribbean Cooking, published 18 years ago but still in print. Like Ortiz, the Elberts supply several variations on each theme, which accounts for some of the heft. But their real forte seems to be in the department of serious sweets, where they’ve amassed an impressive file of distinctive local desserts. Overall, the Elberts come across as outsiders who have sought out real island cooking and native ingredients — and have taken care to duplicate the sort of tasty spicing that the other books tend to simplify. B
Down-island Caribbean Cookery In sheer heft, Down-Island Caribbean Cookery is the only volume that approaches Elisabeth Lambert Ortiz' The Complete Book of ...Down-island Caribbean CookeryCooking/HomeGeorge A. Elbert, Virginie F. Elbert In sheer heft, Down-Island Caribbean Cookery is the only volume that approaches Elisabeth Lambert Ortiz' The Complete Book of ...1991-04-12
Genre: Cooking/Home; Author: George A. Elbert, Virginie F. Elbert; Status: In Season
Posted April 12 1991 — 12:00 AM EDT
- George Takei: Nimoy 'the most human person I've ever met'
- Zachary Quinto on Leonard Nimoy: 'a father figure to me'
- Kevin Hart, Will Ferrell in 'Get Hard': Red-band trailer really, REALLY NSFW
- Natalie Dormer stars in Hozier's 'Someone New' video
- Vincent D'Onofrio as 'Daredevil' nemesis Wilson Fisk: First Look
- Pharrell talks 'The Voice,' Lionel Richie as adviser
- 'Spider-Man': Drew Goddard as director?