Because most rappers do concerts with only a microphone and a couple of turntables, live rap has always (but often unfairly) gotten blasted for being boring. A Boogie Down Productions release, recorded at performances in New York, Paris, and London, Live Hardcore Worldwide is the perfect antidote for this misconception. Leader KRS-One romps through the strongest songs on his group’s four albums, avoiding the unfocused material that sometimes plagues his otherwise fascinating studio releases, and unhampered by the muffled sound that mars most concert recordings. Neither KRS-One nor the roaring crowds can contain themselves: The rapper’s voice ripples with glee and passion over resonating, unadorned beats; his audiences hang with him all the way, shouting and chanting along with his messages of black pride and social activism. This may not be rap’s first live album (the 2 Live Crew released one earlier this year), but few other live recordings — rap, rock, jazz, or classical — have better captured the collective rapture that is the hallmark of live music.
Live Hardcore WorldwideBecause most rappers do concerts with only a microphone and a couple of turntables, live rap has always (but often unfairly) gotten blasted for being...Live Hardcore WorldwideHip-Hop/RapBecause most rappers do concerts with only a microphone and a couple of turntables, live rap has always (but often unfairly) gotten blasted for being...1991-04-12
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Producer (group): Jive Records, RCA
Posted April 12 1991 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Fox News anchor Harris Faulkner sues Hasbro over same-named toy hamster
- Casting Net: Scott Eastwood set to become action star in 'Overdrive'
- 'Scream' honors Wes Craven during finale
- Ellen Page says her 'Freeheld' role inspired her to come out
- 'Brides of Dracula' series from 'Arrow' producer gets NBC pilot commitment
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: Travis Wall on why the judges 'floored' him this week
- Christina Applegate is a terrible Meryl Streep in Funny or Die's Lifetime spoof
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Andrew & Laura, Rihanna and More!