From his boyhood days in Washington, D.C., to his ascendancy as the Fox network’s star anchorboy, here’s everything you never wanted to know about America’s favorite TV host. You might not expect it but Maury Povich’s autobiography has some style — coauthor Ken Gross has given its prose a Hildy Johnson punch — but it isn’t the sort of tale that keeps you turning pages past bedtime either. Unlike his former TV show, A Current Affair, Current Affairs doesn’t dish much dirt. There are no intimate details about his first marriage, no inside stuff on Fox’s corporate politics, and no updates on what he describes as his ”aggressive approach” to impregnating his wife, Connie Chung. The book’s juiciest revelation: A Current Affair’s famous electronic logo — Bo-ing! K-chung! — was produced by taking the sounds of someone swinging a golf club and operating an old-fashioned paper cutter and passing them through a synthesizer. Not much of a scoop.
Current Affairs: A Life On the Edge From his boyhood days in Washington, D.C., to his ascendancy as the Fox network's star anchorboy, here's everything you never wanted to know about...Current Affairs: A Life On the EdgePop Culture, Television, MemoirKen Gross, Maury Povich From his boyhood days in Washington, D.C., to his ascendancy as the Fox network's star anchorboy, here's everything you never wanted to know about...1991-04-19
Genre: Pop Culture, Television, Memoir; Author: Ken Gross, Maury Povich
Posted January 17 2015 — 11:46 AM EST
- 'Person of Interest' post-mortem: Showrunners talk emotional finale and the return of Taraji P. Henson
- 'Agents of SHIELD': Inside the tie-in to 'Avengers: Age of Ultron'
- 'Person of Interest' season 4 finale react: A new world order
- 'Forever' exec producer on Henry's secret--safe or out?
- Casting Net: Ashton Kutcher, Josh Hartnett cast in James Franco's 'The Long Home'
- Tom Brokaw vs. cancer: 'Dateline' special
- 'New Girl' react: A modest proposal
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Rob & Kate, Anna Kendrick, Vanessa & Selena and More!