From his boyhood days in Washington, D.C., to his ascendancy as the Fox network’s star anchorboy, here’s everything you never wanted to know about America’s favorite TV host. You might not expect it but Maury Povich’s autobiography has some style — coauthor Ken Gross has given its prose a Hildy Johnson punch — but it isn’t the sort of tale that keeps you turning pages past bedtime either. Unlike his former TV show, A Current Affair, Current Affairs doesn’t dish much dirt. There are no intimate details about his first marriage, no inside stuff on Fox’s corporate politics, and no updates on what he describes as his ”aggressive approach” to impregnating his wife, Connie Chung. The book’s juiciest revelation: A Current Affair’s famous electronic logo — Bo-ing! K-chung! — was produced by taking the sounds of someone swinging a golf club and operating an old-fashioned paper cutter and passing them through a synthesizer. Not much of a scoop.
Current Affairs: A Life On the Edge From his boyhood days in Washington, D.C., to his ascendancy as the Fox network's star anchorboy, here's everything you never wanted to know about...Current Affairs: A Life On the EdgePop Culture, Television, MemoirKen Gross, Maury Povich From his boyhood days in Washington, D.C., to his ascendancy as the Fox network's star anchorboy, here's everything you never wanted to know about...1991-04-19
Genre: Pop Culture, Television, Memoir; Author: Ken Gross, Maury Povich
Posted April 19 1991 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Wes Craven's 5 most terrifying scenes
- Andrew Garfield compares making 'Spider-Man' movies to 'canning Coke'
- 'Under the Dome' will end this season
- Maisie Williams accepts Guinness World Record on behalf of 'Game of Thrones'
- 'Gotham' sneak peek: Barbara and Jerome cross paths in Arkham
- Uber offering free 'Mad Max: Fury Road'-themed rides in Seattle
- How the faith-based drama 'War Room' became a sleeper hit
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!