From his boyhood days in Washington, D.C., to his ascendancy as the Fox network’s star anchorboy, here’s everything you never wanted to know about America’s favorite TV host. You might not expect it but Maury Povich’s autobiography has some style — coauthor Ken Gross has given its prose a Hildy Johnson punch — but it isn’t the sort of tale that keeps you turning pages past bedtime either. Unlike his former TV show, A Current Affair, Current Affairs doesn’t dish much dirt. There are no intimate details about his first marriage, no inside stuff on Fox’s corporate politics, and no updates on what he describes as his ”aggressive approach” to impregnating his wife, Connie Chung. The book’s juiciest revelation: A Current Affair’s famous electronic logo — Bo-ing! K-chung! — was produced by taking the sounds of someone swinging a golf club and operating an old-fashioned paper cutter and passing them through a synthesizer. Not much of a scoop.
Current Affairs: A Life On the Edge From his boyhood days in Washington, D.C., to his ascendancy as the Fox network's star anchorboy, here's everything you never wanted to know about...Current Affairs: A Life On the EdgePop Culture, Television, MemoirKen Gross, Maury Povich From his boyhood days in Washington, D.C., to his ascendancy as the Fox network's star anchorboy, here's everything you never wanted to know about...1991-04-19
Genre: Pop Culture, Television, Memoir; Author: Ken Gross, Maury Povich
Posted January 17 2015 — 11:46 AM EST
- Michelle Obama to appear on 'The Tonight Show'
- Listen to EW's Sirius XM spotlight on the women of comedy, featuring Kristen Schaal
- De La Soul to fund new album via Kickstarter
- 'Flash'-'Arrow' spinoff finds its Hawkgirl: Broadway star Ciara Renee
- Wilco protests Indiana law, nixes concert
- Oxygen, Esquire Network partner on companion series 'Living With Funny,' 'Comedians of L.A.'
- 'The Flash': Mark Hamill on reprising Trickster role, bringing out epic 'Star Wars' nod
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Blake Shelton, Destiny's Child, Claire & Don and More!