From his boyhood days in Washington, D.C., to his ascendancy as the Fox network’s star anchorboy, here’s everything you never wanted to know about America’s favorite TV host. You might not expect it but Maury Povich’s autobiography has some style — coauthor Ken Gross has given its prose a Hildy Johnson punch — but it isn’t the sort of tale that keeps you turning pages past bedtime either. Unlike his former TV show, A Current Affair, Current Affairs doesn’t dish much dirt. There are no intimate details about his first marriage, no inside stuff on Fox’s corporate politics, and no updates on what he describes as his ”aggressive approach” to impregnating his wife, Connie Chung. The book’s juiciest revelation: A Current Affair’s famous electronic logo — Bo-ing! K-chung! — was produced by taking the sounds of someone swinging a golf club and operating an old-fashioned paper cutter and passing them through a synthesizer. Not much of a scoop.
Current Affairs: A Life On the Edge From his boyhood days in Washington, D.C., to his ascendancy as the Fox network's star anchorboy, here's everything you never wanted to know about...Current Affairs: A Life On the EdgePop Culture, Television, MemoirKen Gross, Maury Povich From his boyhood days in Washington, D.C., to his ascendancy as the Fox network's star anchorboy, here's everything you never wanted to know about...1991-04-19
Genre: Pop Culture, Television, Memoir; Author: Ken Gross, Maury Povich
Posted April 19 1991 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Paula Deen fires social media manager responsible for offensive tweet
- 'The Lego Movie' directors will pilot a Han Solo stand-alone movie
- Amy Schumer, Aziz Ansari to headline Oddball Comedy Fest
- Sonia Manzano remembers 44 years as Maria on Sesame Street
- Albert Hammond, Jr. says the Strokes don't have new music in the works
- Kaitlyn's Bachelorette blog: Ben would be a 'great husband'
- What's up next for OITNB's Ruby Rose?
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Khloé Kardashian, Paul Rudd, Taylor Swift & More!