Warlock is an occult schlock-o-rama, with special effects so low-budget they might have come out of a joke shop. There are gelatinous eyeballs, a rubbery severed tongue, and a psychic (Mary Woronov) who’s transformed into a demon with big yellow teeth. (Trust me, it’s veddy scaddy!) Mostly, though, there are two respectable British actors — Julian Sands and Richard E. Grant — standing around graveyards and farmhouses spouting pseudo-literate gothic gibberish. As the Satan-fighting good guy who arrives from 17th-century Boston, Grant gets to display little of the sputtering, high-octane dementia that made him such a perverse delight in Withnail & I. The movie would have been more entertaining if he had played the warlock.
Warlock Warlock is an occult schlock-o-rama, with special effects so low-budget they might have come out of a joke shop. There are gelatinous...WarlockHorrorR Warlock is an occult schlock-o-rama, with special effects so low-budget they might have come out of a joke shop. There are gelatinous...1991-04-19
Genre: Horror; Starring: Richard E. Grant, Steve Miner, Julian Sands; MPAA Rating: R
Posted April 19 1991 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'The Blacklist': Check out Liz's new look in exclusive first trailer
- 'Limitless' stages 'Dexter' reunion
- Rob Lowe's comedy casts Christina Applegate as former flame
- How 'Grey's Anatomy' is bringing sexy back for season 12
- Max Joseph shares 10 great songs from 'We Are Your Friends' you can't find on the soundtrack
- Matt Damon talks about Snowden's influence on 'The Bourne Legacy'
- Michael Shannon channels Donald Trump in exclusive '99 Homes' clip
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!