Warlock is an occult schlock-o-rama, with special effects so low-budget they might have come out of a joke shop. There are gelatinous eyeballs, a rubbery severed tongue, and a psychic (Mary Woronov) who’s transformed into a demon with big yellow teeth. (Trust me, it’s veddy scaddy!) Mostly, though, there are two respectable British actors — Julian Sands and Richard E. Grant — standing around graveyards and farmhouses spouting pseudo-literate gothic gibberish. As the Satan-fighting good guy who arrives from 17th-century Boston, Grant gets to display little of the sputtering, high-octane dementia that made him such a perverse delight in Withnail & I. The movie would have been more entertaining if he had played the warlock.
Warlock Warlock is an occult schlock-o-rama, with special effects so low-budget they might have come out of a joke shop. There are gelatinous...WarlockHorrorR Warlock is an occult schlock-o-rama, with special effects so low-budget they might have come out of a joke shop. There are gelatinous...1991-04-19
Genre: Horror; Starring: Richard E. Grant, Steve Miner, Julian Sands; MPAA Rating: R
Posted April 19 1991 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kanye West's 'All Day' gets misheard lyrics video from Joe Mande
- Robert De Niro to NYU students: 'You're f--ked'
- Kurt Sutter's new series a go at FX
- Mike Huckabee posts support for Duggars
- 'Tomorrowland': What did the critics think?
- 'Golan the Insatiable' with Aubrey Plaza and Rob Riggle: First Look trailer
- Amy Schumer and Paul Feig to pair up for new comedy
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- George Clooney, Meghan Trainor, Pharrell & Zoë and More!