Baseball in America is a coffee-table photo book by the folks who’ve represented such vast subjects as the United States and the Soviet Union in the Day in the Life series. The images are splendid, from the guy in Chicago’s Comiskey Park holding his infant child, outfitted in a ”Baby Slugger” cap, to the 98-year-old fellow, in a natty white uniform and black bow tie, waiting to bat in St. Petersburg, Fla. The photos’ organization is sometimes puzzling and the mini-essays sprinkled throughout are inconsequential, but the evocative power of pictures more than compensates for these shortcomings. B+
Posted January 17 2015 — 11:46 AM EST
- Bruce Jenner E! show about life as transgender woman will air in July
- Bruce Jenner confesses Kim Kardashian was the first to know
- Kanye West helped Kim Kardashian accept Bruce Jenner
- Bruce Jenner to Diane Sawyer: 'The female part of me is who I am'
- Casting Net: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau to star in thriller 'Shot Caller'
- Christian Bale knee injury delays production on Fox's 'The Deep Blue Good-by'
- Jared Leto as the Joker: 'Suicide Squad' director tweets a photo