He is middle-aged, talented as hell, and you’ve never heard of him. Such is life for Paul Brady in these United States — where, despite oodles of admiration from every other corner of the world, he haven’t had a fair hearing in 10 years. Brady, formerly of the Irish traditional-folk group Planxty, has Bob Dylan in his cheering section, Bonnie Raitt duetting on his album, and a voice somewhere between Bruce Hornsby’s and, God help him, pudgy crooner Christopher Cross’. So what have we got? It may be unfair to use the Y word — after all, the guy sounded like this before most young urbanites went pro — but Trick or Treat, slickly produced, is aimed directly at the heart of the thirtysomething nation. B
Trick or TreatHe is middle-aged, talented as hell, and you've never heard of him. Such is life for Paul Brady in these United States — where, despite oodles of...Trick or TreatFolkHe is middle-aged, talented as hell, and you've never heard of him. Such is life for Paul Brady in these United States — where, despite oodles of...1991-05-10
Genre: Folk; Lead Performer: Paul Brady; Producer (group): Fontana, Mercury Records
Posted May 10 1991 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Lionsgate is making a movie out of a 'Night of the Living Dead' comic book spinoff
- 'Everybody Loves Raymond' reunion set for ATX Fest in 2016
- Kurt Russell rides again in the cannibal-western 'Bone Tomahawk'
- Snapchat original programming channel 'winding down'
- Beach House stream three songs from surprise album
- Tim McGraw drops video for 'Damn Country Music'
- 'Grandfathered' star Josh Peck talks possible 'Drake & Josh' reunion
- 12 Instagram Photos of Pitbull Hanging Out with Celebrities
- 25 Unforgettable Dresses From the Past 25 Years
- Box Office Flops: 19 Notorious Opening Weekends
- EW's 25 Best Movies in 25 Years
- EW Reunions: Bonus portraits of your favorite TV and movie casts
- 'The Walking Dead': 15 Exclusive Storyboard Illustrations From Season 6