After decades of alarms about the foods we shouldn’t eat and the contaminants we shouldn’t have to suffer, Jean Carper supplies some good news by playing up the therapeutic properties of different foods in The Food Pharmacy Guide to Good Eating. Carper first touted these health benefits in her book The Food Pharmacy (1988). Now, along with further bulletins from research frontiers, she has come up with tasty recipes for using seafood, olive oil, garlic and onions, and other food superstars that are said to help ward off cancer, heart disease, and a host of other maladies. Though serious researchers might fault Carper’s breathless overpromotion or her rush to celebrate a breakthrough before the verdict’s in, some experts have contributed recipes. You might try Dr. Rosenthal’s blues-fighting muffins, Dr. Duke’s anticancer slaw, or Dr. Ziment’s garlic chicken soup, which has indeed been found to relieve congestion due to colds. And with or without a family history of breast cancer, you can enjoy the lusty tuna-pepper stew that might help bolster your defenses. It couldn’t hurt. B
The Food Pharmacy Guide to Good Eating After decades of alarms about the foods we shouldn't eat and the contaminants we shouldn't have to suffer, Jean Carper supplies some good news by...The Food Pharmacy Guide to Good EatingCooking/HomeJean Carper After decades of alarms about the foods we shouldn't eat and the contaminants we shouldn't have to suffer, Jean Carper supplies some good news by...1991-05-24
Genre: Cooking/Home; Author: Jean Carper
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:02 PM EST
- Orlando Jones departs 'Sleepy Hollow': What's next for the show?
- Geekly Mailbag: Let's talk about Black Widow
- Sofia Vergara speaks about her embryo lawsuit with ex Nick Loeb
- 'New Girl': Are Nick and Jess still hooking up?
- 'You're the Worst' casts former 'Office' actor for season 2
- 'Suicide Squad': Who's who in the new cast photo
- EW's 2015 Baby Power List: Princess Charlotte debuts at...?
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Britney Spears, Orlando Bloom, Solange & More!