After decades of alarms about the foods we shouldn’t eat and the contaminants we shouldn’t have to suffer, Jean Carper supplies some good news by playing up the therapeutic properties of different foods in The Food Pharmacy Guide to Good Eating. Carper first touted these health benefits in her book The Food Pharmacy (1988). Now, along with further bulletins from research frontiers, she has come up with tasty recipes for using seafood, olive oil, garlic and onions, and other food superstars that are said to help ward off cancer, heart disease, and a host of other maladies. Though serious researchers might fault Carper’s breathless overpromotion or her rush to celebrate a breakthrough before the verdict’s in, some experts have contributed recipes. You might try Dr. Rosenthal’s blues-fighting muffins, Dr. Duke’s anticancer slaw, or Dr. Ziment’s garlic chicken soup, which has indeed been found to relieve congestion due to colds. And with or without a family history of breast cancer, you can enjoy the lusty tuna-pepper stew that might help bolster your defenses. It couldn’t hurt. B
The Food Pharmacy Guide to Good Eating After decades of alarms about the foods we shouldn't eat and the contaminants we shouldn't have to suffer, Jean Carper supplies some good news by...The Food Pharmacy Guide to Good EatingCooking/HomeJean Carper After decades of alarms about the foods we shouldn't eat and the contaminants we shouldn't have to suffer, Jean Carper supplies some good news by...1991-05-24
Genre: Cooking/Home; Author: Jean Carper
Posted May 24 1991 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 11 duos who should host the 2016 Oscars
- See Bryan Cranston’s transformation into LBJ for HBO biopic
- 'The Good Wife' actor Dylan Baker tried to save his neighbor from a fire
- Samantha Bee's 'Full Frontal' to premiere in January: See first promo
- Behind the scenes of Ellie Goulding's empowering third album
- 'AHS' star shines in exclusive 'My All American' trailer
- Spoilers: Alex Kingston returns to 'Doctor Who'
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Diane Kruger, Padma Lakshmi, Elle Fanning & More!