After decades of alarms about the foods we shouldn’t eat and the contaminants we shouldn’t have to suffer, Jean Carper supplies some good news by playing up the therapeutic properties of different foods in The Food Pharmacy Guide to Good Eating. Carper first touted these health benefits in her book The Food Pharmacy (1988). Now, along with further bulletins from research frontiers, she has come up with tasty recipes for using seafood, olive oil, garlic and onions, and other food superstars that are said to help ward off cancer, heart disease, and a host of other maladies. Though serious researchers might fault Carper’s breathless overpromotion or her rush to celebrate a breakthrough before the verdict’s in, some experts have contributed recipes. You might try Dr. Rosenthal’s blues-fighting muffins, Dr. Duke’s anticancer slaw, or Dr. Ziment’s garlic chicken soup, which has indeed been found to relieve congestion due to colds. And with or without a family history of breast cancer, you can enjoy the lusty tuna-pepper stew that might help bolster your defenses. It couldn’t hurt. B
The Food Pharmacy Guide to Good Eating After decades of alarms about the foods we shouldn't eat and the contaminants we shouldn't have to suffer, Jean Carper supplies some good news by...The Food Pharmacy Guide to Good EatingCooking/HomeJean Carper After decades of alarms about the foods we shouldn't eat and the contaminants we shouldn't have to suffer, Jean Carper supplies some good news by...1991-05-24
Genre: Cooking/Home; Author: Jean Carper
Posted May 24 1991 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Dave Grohl's game of throne in D.C.
- Kit Harington: Buzz about long hair
- Missy Elliott takes show into the crowd at Essence Fest
- 'Jurassic World' stomps 'Terminator Genisys,' 'Magic Mike XXL' at holiday box office
- Kelly Clarkson and more top moments from 'Macy's 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular'
- Kelly Rutherford reunites with her kids
- Ed Sheeran: British red coat at Taylor Swift’s July 4 party
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!