On their new album, Talkin’ ‘Bout Men, these Georgia sisters have one of the best tunes of their career, the crossover hit ”Men” (”They buy you dinner/Open your door/ Other than that/What are they good for?”), which is less a feminist diatribe than four good ol’ gals sounding off. But other than that, there isn’t much here to recommend. The Foresters don’t have the soul to handle ”You Take Me for Granted,” the great song Leona Williams wrote for her husband, Merle Haggard. With no strong solo voice to breathe personality into the lesser tunes, they retreat into the blandness of their family blend. The Foresters are more remarkable for the novelty of their sisterhood than for their art. C+
Talkin' 'bout Men On their new album, Talkin' 'Bout Men, these Georgia sisters have one of the best tunes of their career, the crossover hit ''Men'' ('...Talkin' 'bout MenCountry On their new album, Talkin' 'Bout Men, these Georgia sisters have one of the best tunes of their career, the crossover hit ''Men'' ('...1991-05-24
Posted May 24 1991 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sleepy Hollow' trades Headless for a familiar face
- 'Spider-Man' writers say the new reboot won't be an origin story
- 'Rogue One' writer explains how he'd want to reboot 'Columbo'
- 'Jurassic World' director Colin Trevorrow says sequel could go global
- This week in 1995: Regrading the top 10 singles
- Creepoid made us a playlist paying tribute to the noisiest DJ night in Philadelphia
- FKA twigs makes Monday sexy with hot new track, 'Figure 8'