On their new album, Talkin’ ‘Bout Men, these Georgia sisters have one of the best tunes of their career, the crossover hit ”Men” (”They buy you dinner/Open your door/ Other than that/What are they good for?”), which is less a feminist diatribe than four good ol’ gals sounding off. But other than that, there isn’t much here to recommend. The Foresters don’t have the soul to handle ”You Take Me for Granted,” the great song Leona Williams wrote for her husband, Merle Haggard. With no strong solo voice to breathe personality into the lesser tunes, they retreat into the blandness of their family blend. The Foresters are more remarkable for the novelty of their sisterhood than for their art. C+
Talkin' 'bout Men On their new album, Talkin' 'Bout Men, these Georgia sisters have one of the best tunes of their career, the crossover hit ''Men'' ('...Talkin' 'bout MenCountry On their new album, Talkin' 'Bout Men, these Georgia sisters have one of the best tunes of their career, the crossover hit ''Men'' ('...1991-05-24
Posted May 24 1991 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Agent Carter' takes on Tinseltown in season 2 teaser
- Idris Elba 'nearly died' filming 'Beasts of No Nation'
- Zach Galligan wants to return for 'Gremlins 3'
- Hear Erykah Badu and Andre 3000 team up for 'Hello'
- 'Gods of Egypt' director: 'Our casting choices should have been more diverse'
- Patti LaBelle spends Thanksgiving with pie fan James Wright
- Hear Sia's new single 'One Million Bullets'