On their new album, Talkin’ ‘Bout Men, these Georgia sisters have one of the best tunes of their career, the crossover hit ”Men” (”They buy you dinner/Open your door/ Other than that/What are they good for?”), which is less a feminist diatribe than four good ol’ gals sounding off. But other than that, there isn’t much here to recommend. The Foresters don’t have the soul to handle ”You Take Me for Granted,” the great song Leona Williams wrote for her husband, Merle Haggard. With no strong solo voice to breathe personality into the lesser tunes, they retreat into the blandness of their family blend. The Foresters are more remarkable for the novelty of their sisterhood than for their art. C+
Talkin' 'bout Men On their new album, Talkin' 'Bout Men, these Georgia sisters have one of the best tunes of their career, the crossover hit ''Men'' ('...Talkin' 'bout MenCountry On their new album, Talkin' 'Bout Men, these Georgia sisters have one of the best tunes of their career, the crossover hit ''Men'' ('...1991-05-24
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:02 PM EST
- 'Walking Dead' star Tovah Feldshuh on Rick-Deanna showdown
- '12 Monkeys' exec producer: THAT Ramse arc 'planned from the first minute'
- Prince sued in recording battle over 'Voice' singer Judith Hill
- James Bond enters a 'hurricane' in first 'Spectre' teaser
- 'Legend of Zelda' for Wii U delayed
- Kit Harington fights terrorism in 'Spooks: The Greater Good' trailer
- Billie Joe Armstrong musical 'These Paper Bullets!' coming to LA, NYC
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- Jimmy Fallon, Liv Tyler, Emilia Clarke & More!