On their new album, Talkin’ ‘Bout Men, these Georgia sisters have one of the best tunes of their career, the crossover hit ”Men” (”They buy you dinner/Open your door/ Other than that/What are they good for?”), which is less a feminist diatribe than four good ol’ gals sounding off. But other than that, there isn’t much here to recommend. The Foresters don’t have the soul to handle ”You Take Me for Granted,” the great song Leona Williams wrote for her husband, Merle Haggard. With no strong solo voice to breathe personality into the lesser tunes, they retreat into the blandness of their family blend. The Foresters are more remarkable for the novelty of their sisterhood than for their art. C+
Talkin' 'bout Men On their new album, Talkin' 'Bout Men, these Georgia sisters have one of the best tunes of their career, the crossover hit ''Men'' ('...Talkin' 'bout MenCountry On their new album, Talkin' 'Bout Men, these Georgia sisters have one of the best tunes of their career, the crossover hit ''Men'' ('...1991-05-24
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:02 PM EST
- 'Mad Max: Fury Road': Charlize Theron goes bald, badass for action epic
- Can you match these hit songs with the musicians who wrote them?
- Watch Coach freak out during sex ed in 'New Girl' clip
- Average movie ticket price drops to $8.12 in first quarter
- On the Books: Drax the Destroyer of 'Guardians of the Galaxy' gets his own comic book
- Watch the new music video for Jamie xx's 'Gosh'
- 'Unauthorized Full House' a go at Lifetime