On their new album, Talkin’ ‘Bout Men, these Georgia sisters have one of the best tunes of their career, the crossover hit ”Men” (”They buy you dinner/Open your door/ Other than that/What are they good for?”), which is less a feminist diatribe than four good ol’ gals sounding off. But other than that, there isn’t much here to recommend. The Foresters don’t have the soul to handle ”You Take Me for Granted,” the great song Leona Williams wrote for her husband, Merle Haggard. With no strong solo voice to breathe personality into the lesser tunes, they retreat into the blandness of their family blend. The Foresters are more remarkable for the novelty of their sisterhood than for their art. C+
Talkin' 'bout Men On their new album, Talkin' 'Bout Men, these Georgia sisters have one of the best tunes of their career, the crossover hit ''Men'' ('...Talkin' 'bout MenCountry On their new album, Talkin' 'Bout Men, these Georgia sisters have one of the best tunes of their career, the crossover hit ''Men'' ('...1991-05-24
Posted May 24 1991 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Listen to 'Carmelo Anthony' and Jesse Eisenberg read from 'Bream Gives Me Hiccups' -- exclusive
- Shadowman returns to the Valiant Universe in 'Operation: Deadside'
- Nina Dobrev, Matt McGorry, and more advocate for sexual consent in 'It's On Us' campaign
- 'Survivor' players reveal whom they want out of the game first
- Demi Lovato pays tribute to late father on anticipated fall album—exclusive details
- See the 'Halo 5' opening cinematic (with Nathan Fillion and Mike Colter)
- Eddie Redmayne becomes 'The Danish Girl' in film's first trailer
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Kendall Jenner, Jamie Dornan, Katie Holmes & More!