On their new album, Talkin’ ‘Bout Men, these Georgia sisters have one of the best tunes of their career, the crossover hit ”Men” (”They buy you dinner/Open your door/ Other than that/What are they good for?”), which is less a feminist diatribe than four good ol’ gals sounding off. But other than that, there isn’t much here to recommend. The Foresters don’t have the soul to handle ”You Take Me for Granted,” the great song Leona Williams wrote for her husband, Merle Haggard. With no strong solo voice to breathe personality into the lesser tunes, they retreat into the blandness of their family blend. The Foresters are more remarkable for the novelty of their sisterhood than for their art. C+
Talkin' 'bout Men On their new album, Talkin' 'Bout Men, these Georgia sisters have one of the best tunes of their career, the crossover hit ''Men'' ('...Talkin' 'bout MenCountry On their new album, Talkin' 'Bout Men, these Georgia sisters have one of the best tunes of their career, the crossover hit ''Men'' ('...1991-05-24
Posted May 24 1991 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See Nic Cage in his 'Superman Lives' costume
- Ava DuVernay decides not to direct 'Black Panther': 'We just didn't see eye to eye'
- LeBron James: Hollywood's newest MVP
- Know this week's pop culture news? Take EW's quiz to find out
- 10 celebrity memoirs to devour this summer
- Celebrate Independence Day with Steven Tyler's new country video
- 'Bible' series won't return to NBC
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!