”I’m one of the ones that doesn’t whine — I say, ‘Get on with it, get on with it! Stop complaining!”’ Patricia Kalember is talking about her thirtysomething character, the no-nonsense Susannah Hart (widow of Gary Shepherd), but it’s not a bad self-description either: This season, the 34-year-old actress shuttled between homes in New York and L.A. and jobs on two series (her newest, Sisters, airs Saturdays at 10 on NBC), with her husband, British actor-director Daniel Gerroll, and their kids, Rebecca, 5, and Benjamin, 2, in tow. The busy schedule was just what Kalember wanted, and so was the jump from Susannah (”I absolutely loved her, but people really don’t like her, do they?”) to the more nurturing, even-tempered Georgie: ”thirtysomething was great fun because the writers were so interested in the minutiae and messiness of life. But Sisters is fuller and cleaner and simpler — it’s slightly heightened, even a little theatrical.” While NBC watches the show’s ratings (Sisters’ premiere beat CBS and ABC), Kalember won’t think that far ahead. ”I’d love the series to succeed,” she says. ”But we have two kids and another life, so I’m not going to worry about it.”
Posted May 31 1991 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Gay marriage ruling movie in the works at Fox
- Casting Net: Ellen Page signs on for Iraq War drama Lioness
- Hillary Clinton talks 'SNL' impressions
- Miss USA pageant names new hosts
- Rosie Perez leaving 'The View'
- Jeff Goldblum and wife welcome first son on the only possible day
- Katy Perry's Left Shark returns for Shark Week
- They look like THAT now? See some of the latest child stars all grown up
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Khloé Kardashian, Paul Rudd, Taylor Swift & More!