Whoever came up with the idea to exploit the Ramones’ movie Rock ‘n’ Roll High School with this mess called Rock ‘n’ Roll High School Forever, deserves detention for life. The first flick was a riot; this is a joyless desecration. It claims to be ”based on characters created” by the director (Alan Arkush) and one of the cowriters (Joe Dante) who brainstormed the Ramones’ 1979 movie, although not one character from the first film is anywhere to be found. Worse, writer-director Deborah Brock hasn’t penned a single funny or intelligent scene: The script’s wittiest and most ironic sequence is a burping contest. The first movie centered on an absurd conceit — that the Ramones were the most popular band in the world. The new flick has no idea behind it at all. Its biggest misstep, however, was to hire Corey Feldman as the lead. Looking like a cross between Michael Jackson and Grandpa Munster, Feldman is the antithesis of cool — the perfect star for a pointless movie. F
Rock 'n' Roll High School Forever Whoever came up with the idea to exploit the Ramones' movie Rock 'n' Roll High School with this mess called Rock 'n' Roll High School...Rock 'n' Roll High School ForeverComedyPT95MPG-13 Whoever came up with the idea to exploit the Ramones' movie Rock 'n' Roll High School with this mess called Rock 'n' Roll High School...1991-05-31Michael CerverisLIVE Video
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Corey Feldman, Mary Woronov, Michael Cerveris; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: LIVE Video
Posted May 31 1991 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt