It’s easy to see why this cross-generational star vehicle ran out of gas so early in its theatrical run. The story in The Rookie is strictly a retread. One more time, Clint Eastwood plays a tough cop who lets his pistol do most of the talking. Charlie Sheen portrays his rookie partner, and they’re on the trail of big-time auto thieves. Sheen wants to show that he can cut it as a cop, while Eastwood wants to prove he can crack a major case after a career of small ones. This is a standard buddy-cop movie, full of go-through-the-motions performances. Director Eastwood puts some punch into the action scenes, but Rookie is about as tired and predictable as old movie ideas get. C+
The Rookie It's easy to see why this cross-generational star vehicle ran out of gas so early in its theatrical run. The story in The Rookie is...The RookiePT121MR It's easy to see why this cross-generational star vehicle ran out of gas so early in its theatrical run. The story in The Rookie is...1991-05-31Lara Flynn BoyleSonia BragaTom SkerrittWarner Bros.
Starring: Clint Eastwood, Charlie Sheen; Starring: Lara Flynn Boyle, Sonia Braga, Tom Skerritt; Director: Clint Eastwood; Runtime (in minutes): 121; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted May 31 1991 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Nickelodeon to air special series finale of 'Nick News With Linda Ellerbee'
- See Julianne Moore cry on cue for cash on 'Billy on the Street'
- Adele shares details about '25' outtakes
- 'Supernatural': Jensen Ackles, Jared Padalecki preview Sam finding his Castiel
- John Stamos congratulates Mary-Kate on her wedding with adorable throwback
- Glassjaw return with new song, reportedly from first album in 13 years
- Spike Lee: Donald Trump's push to close mosques 'like Hitler'