Stevie Wonder’s long-awaited new record is the soundtrack to Spike Lee’s brand-new movie, Jungle Fever. Lee reportedly sat through the movie with Wonder, describing the scenes as the film went along. Sad to say, little of Lee’s energy or attitude seems to have rubbed off. If you like the piping wail of Wonder’s distinctive harmonica playing, you’ll love the leadoff ”Fun Day,” and just about anyone will be caught by the jittery hook of ”Chemical Love.” But the album has too few first-class melodies, and Wonder’s lyrics are far too literal (”I’ve got jungle fever/You’ve got jungle fever/We’ve got jungle fever”). Besides, Wonder’s style of lush, middle-of-the-road arranging sounds more and more dated as the years go by. Jungle Fever just isn’t the comeback we’ve been waiting for. C
Jungle Fever: Music from the MovieStevie Wonder's long-awaited new record is the soundtrack to Spike Lee's brand-new movie, Jungle Fever. Lee reportedly sat through the movie ...Jungle Fever: Music from the MoviePop, R&B, SoundtracksStevie Wonder's long-awaited new record is the soundtrack to Spike Lee's brand-new movie, Jungle Fever. Lee reportedly sat through the movie ...1991-06-21
Genre: Pop, R&B, Soundtracks; Lead Performer: Stevie Wonder; Producer (group): Motown Records
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- Five Broadway tickets to snag before Tony nominations make it impossible
- 'Star Wars': 5 revelations from Carrie Fisher at Celebration Q&A
- 'Batman v Superman' trailer is here; official release by Zack Snyder follows leak
- Never-before-seen passage from Madeleine L'Engle's 'A Wrinkle in Time' found
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Naomi Campbell, Jessica & Rosario, the Star Wars Cast & More