A year ago, Travis Tritt was a Hank Williams Jr. soundalike with a passel of Southern rock ditties and a debut launched by Kenny Rogers’ manager, Ken Kragen. Today, It’s All About to Change, an appropriately titled follow-up signals, Tritt is poised on the brink of well-deserved stardom. The songs here — Tritt wrote 7 of the 10 — are so obviously headed for gold that the album practically glows, from the exquisite redneck cheek of ”Here’s a Quarter (Call Someone Who Cares),” in which the singer rebuffs his unfaithful love, to the fast-paced honker ”Bible Belt,” a minister’s passion play of a different kind. Seldom does a second album brim with such authority and confidence, but then it’s not all that often that a new artist writes with such inventiveness and phrases with the grizzled voice of experience: Even the backup musicians sound thrilled to be here. Looks like we’ll have to make room for Tritt’s name on the final ballot at awards time. A+
It's All About to Change A year ago, Travis Tritt was a Hank Williams Jr. soundalike with a passel of Southern rock ditties and a debut launched by Kenny Rogers' manager, Ken...It's All About to ChangeCountry A year ago, Travis Tritt was a Hank Williams Jr. soundalike with a passel of Southern rock ditties and a debut launched by Kenny Rogers' manager, Ken...1991-07-19
Genre: Country; Lead Performer: Travis Tritt
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:02 PM EST
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- Five Broadway tickets to snag before Tony nominations make it impossible
- 'Star Wars': 5 revelations from Carrie Fisher at Celebration Q&A
- 'Batman v Superman' trailer is here; official release by Zack Snyder follows leak
- Never-before-seen passage from Madeleine L'Engle's 'A Wrinkle in Time' found
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Naomi Campbell, Jessica & Rosario, the Star Wars Cast & More