Even disco dollies have to grow up eventually, but usually they don’t do it as well as Sandee. In her younger days, she cooed lascivious Latin bubble gum for the Miami trio Expose, most notably on the orgasmic top-five 1987 hit, ”Point of No Return.” Exposé eventually turned toward less outlandish R&B fare, but Sandee, now on her own, hasn’t forgotten about spunky hooks. On Only Time Will Tell, her solo debut, she intersperses deadpan slow-talk sections with ethereal squeaks and falsettos, suggestive breathiness, and bombastic belting. The production also deals out a thrill a minute, roping in everything from Caribbean counterrhythms to boogie-woogie piano and symphonic strings, not to mention bravely eccentric touches like monkish medieval voices and Algerian rai. This adult dance music doesn’t just have ”soul” — it’s got beauty, wit, and enough outrageous energy to rock the house. A
Only Time Will TellEven disco dollies have to grow up eventually, but usually they don't do it as well as Sandee. In her younger days, she cooed lascivious Latin bubble gum...Only Time Will TellPopEven disco dollies have to grow up eventually, but usually they don't do it as well as Sandee. In her younger days, she cooed lascivious Latin bubble gum...1991-08-02
Genre: Pop; Lead Performer: Sandee; Producer (group): Fever, RAL
Posted August 2 1991 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Oscar producers won't return; Academy to search for new showrunners
- NBC reviving Coach with Craig T. Nelson
- '12 Monkeys' boss answers some burning questions
- 'The Founder' starring Michael Keaton gets November 2016 release
- 'American Idol' guest mentor Boy George picks the frontrunners of the Top 9
- Sherlock creator: Making U.S. fans wait longer is 'bloody nonsense'
- Marvel changes the Avengers lineup, adding Ms. Marvel and Miles Morales
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- T.I. & Kevin, Jon Hamm, Olivia & Jason and More!