TVitis is a story tape that takes on a familiar parental nightmare — a TV-addicted child — and turns it into a weird but entertaining dreamscape. Children’s entertainer Jamie Greenberg has created a young narrator who is gradually weaned from his TV addiction by a three-step process prescribed by an ”imaginologist.” Eventually the boy begins to think on his own and dream fabulous, creative dreams full of creatures with belly buttons on their cheeks and other products of his fevered imagination. TVitis, with eight accompanying songs, is loud, busy, and full of amateurishly written characters, but its images are potent, its ideas on track. And at least while your kids are listening to TVitis, you know they’re not watching TV. B
Imagine If: The Cure for TVitis TVitis is a story tape that takes on a familiar parental nightmare — a TV-addicted child — and turns it into a weird but...Imagine If: The Cure for TVitisKids and Family TVitis is a story tape that takes on a familiar parental nightmare — a TV-addicted child — and turns it into a weird but...1991-08-09
Genre: Kids and Family; Lead Performer: Jamie Greenberg; Producer (group): Imagine If Productions
Posted August 9 1991 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Prince announces three-day Labor Day party ahead of album release
- ABC Family's 13 Nights of Halloween: Who's joining Harry Potter and Batman?
- Christian Slater weighs in on 'Mr. Robot' twist and season finale
- 'Mr. Robot' finale postmortem: Creator Sam Esmail answers burning questions
- 'iZombie' season 2 trailer teases what (or who) is on the menu for Liv Moore
- Casting Net: Mad Men star Jessica Pare cast in Lovesick
- 'Can't Buy Me Love' star Amanda Peterson's cause of death was an overdose
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!