True Crime is a detective novel for the media age. When a journalist finds himself covering his father’s murder, one of three killings that implicates the ex-girlfriend he still loves, his private and professional interests collide, and the dark side of his predatory career is exposed. Mewshaw’s cast of slippery politicians, scheming junkies, and frustrated lovers loads the knotty plot with tantalizing possibilities, but the resolution is forced and the story is larded with too much random violence, as if to distract the reader from the characters’ muddled motives. Still, Mewshaw is a shrewd and vivid writer with an eye for telling detail. B
True Crime True Crime is a detective novel for the media age. When a journalist finds himself covering his father's murder, one of three...True CrimeFictionMichael Mewshaw True Crime is a detective novel for the media age. When a journalist finds himself covering his father's murder, one of three...1991-08-09Poseidon Press
Genre: Fiction; Author: Michael Mewshaw; Publisher: Poseidon Press
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:02 PM EST
- 'Outlander' postmortem: EP Ronald Moore talks Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Orphan Black' creators on sexy, surreal return: 'the bad idea morphs into something really cool'
- 'Orphan Black' star Tatiana Maslany on season premiere choking and spanking
- Jonathan Crombie, seen as Gilbert Blythe in 'Anne of Green Gables' films, dies at 48
- Johnny Kemp, 'Just Got Paid' singer, dies
- Star Wars Celebration: Jakku, BB-8 and other key takeaways about 'The Force Awakens'
- Two generations of heroes meet in new 'Star Wars Rebels' trailer
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!