True Crime is a detective novel for the media age. When a journalist finds himself covering his father’s murder, one of three killings that implicates the ex-girlfriend he still loves, his private and professional interests collide, and the dark side of his predatory career is exposed. Mewshaw’s cast of slippery politicians, scheming junkies, and frustrated lovers loads the knotty plot with tantalizing possibilities, but the resolution is forced and the story is larded with too much random violence, as if to distract the reader from the characters’ muddled motives. Still, Mewshaw is a shrewd and vivid writer with an eye for telling detail. B
True Crime True Crime is a detective novel for the media age. When a journalist finds himself covering his father's murder, one of three...True CrimeFictionMichael Mewshaw True Crime is a detective novel for the media age. When a journalist finds himself covering his father's murder, one of three...1991-08-09Poseidon Press
Genre: Fiction; Author: Michael Mewshaw; Publisher: Poseidon Press
Posted August 9 1991 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Dave Grohl responds in Italian to 1,000 fans who covered ‘Learn to Fly’
- Someone cut together 280 movies for an epic 'Uptown Funk' cover
- Box office report: ‘Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation,’ 'Vacation'
- First trailer for 'Zoolander 2' asks one big existential question
- Valerie Harper replaced in play after hospital stay
- NFL legend Jerry Rice heads to 'Hawaii Five-0'
- Sarah Michelle Gellar wonders if daughter could be a ‘Future Slayer’
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!