KLF, EMF — who can tell one trendy U.K. techno-dance band from another? Each makes computerized club music fit for a rave — an all-night, mind-altering underground party where you dance till you drop. But the KLF, which started strictly as a party act, have emerged, like EMF, as a smash-hit pop crossover with ”3 A.M. Eternal” climbing the singles charts. In The White Room the group has managed to combine its spacey club sounds with some real soul, sweeps of melody, and choruses that wail and wander. Jarring high-tech beats set the pace for the fast first half of The White Room, but the surprisingly serene, soft harmonies of the second half will turn your head into a bubble of bliss. The KLF call their sound ”ambient house,” implying it’s atmospheric, airy, and yet highly danceable. But their diverse music is too rich to be labeled. A-
The White RoomKLF, EMF — who can tell one trendy U.K. techno-dance band from another? Each makes computerized club music fit for a rave — an all-night,...The White RoomPop, ElectronicKLF, EMF — who can tell one trendy U.K. techno-dance band from another? Each makes computerized club music fit for a rave — an all-night,...1991-08-09
Genre: Pop, Electronic; Producer (group): Arista
Posted August 9 1991 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Watch Tom Bergeron discovers his fancy roots on 'Who Do You Think You Are?'
- Steve Carell joins Woody Allen's next movie, replacing Bruce Willis
- 'Complications' canceled at USA
- 'No Escape' reviews: What are the critics saying?
- Darren Criss & Aaron Tveit duet 'Take Me or Leave Me' from 'Rent'
- Julian Seinfeld's lemonade stand shut down by the police
- J.K. Rowling applauds 'Harry Potter' stars' Twitter rivalry
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!