This must be Madonna’s fault. A pretty disco diva shakes up the New York club scene with her 1990 single ”Lovin’ You Like Crazy,” then jumps to the pop chart this year with a hit single, ”Temptation” — and suddenly, without the least pretense to musical ability, can look forward to a great career. Decent dance-pop provided a base for the multifaceted Madonna to become everything but a great singer; Corina’s debut album proves nothing except that down deep she’s shallow. Her mediocre vocals are unashamedly mixed for crystal-clear delivery of her lousy diction. ”Temptation” does sport a saucy chorus, but for all the disco tricks driving the beat, Corina doesn’t budge. She sounds like she’s buffing her nails, waiting for that starship to come in. D+
CorinaThis must be Madonna's fault. A pretty disco diva shakes up the New York club scene with her 1990 single ''Lovin' You Like Crazy,'' then jumps to the pop...CorinaPopThis must be Madonna's fault. A pretty disco diva shakes up the New York club scene with her 1990 single ''Lovin' You Like Crazy,'' then jumps to the pop...1991-08-16
Genre: Pop; Lead Performer: Corina; Producer (group): Atco
Posted August 16 1991 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'The Ranch' renewed by Netflix
- 'Arrow' producer: 'Diversity is not a burden, it’s just smart business'
- Warren G bungled 'Take Me Out to the Ball Game' at Friday's Cubs game
- Michael Shannon on the theater parts that shaped his career
- Elisabeth Moss to star in Hulu series The Handmaid's Tale
- WATCH: Reid Scott reveals who laughs the most on the set of 'Veep'
- What time is the White House Correspondents Dinner?
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour
- 40 Celebrities Who Threw Out The First Pitch