This must be Madonna’s fault. A pretty disco diva shakes up the New York club scene with her 1990 single ”Lovin’ You Like Crazy,” then jumps to the pop chart this year with a hit single, ”Temptation” — and suddenly, without the least pretense to musical ability, can look forward to a great career. Decent dance-pop provided a base for the multifaceted Madonna to become everything but a great singer; Corina’s debut album proves nothing except that down deep she’s shallow. Her mediocre vocals are unashamedly mixed for crystal-clear delivery of her lousy diction. ”Temptation” does sport a saucy chorus, but for all the disco tricks driving the beat, Corina doesn’t budge. She sounds like she’s buffing her nails, waiting for that starship to come in. D+
CorinaThis must be Madonna's fault. A pretty disco diva shakes up the New York club scene with her 1990 single ''Lovin' You Like Crazy,'' then jumps to the pop...CorinaPopThis must be Madonna's fault. A pretty disco diva shakes up the New York club scene with her 1990 single ''Lovin' You Like Crazy,'' then jumps to the pop...1991-08-16
Genre: Pop; Lead Performer: Corina; Producer (group): Atco; Status: In Season
Posted August 16 1991 — 12:00 AM EDT
- George Takei: Nimoy 'the most human person I've ever met'
- Zachary Quinto on Leonard Nimoy: 'a father figure to me'
- Kevin Hart, Will Ferrell in 'Get Hard': Red-band trailer really, REALLY NSFW
- Natalie Dormer stars in Hozier's 'Someone New' video
- Vincent D'Onofrio as 'Daredevil' nemesis Wilson Fisk: First Look
- Pharrell talks 'The Voice,' Lionel Richie as adviser
- 'Spider-Man': Drew Goddard as director?