This must be Madonna’s fault. A pretty disco diva shakes up the New York club scene with her 1990 single ”Lovin’ You Like Crazy,” then jumps to the pop chart this year with a hit single, ”Temptation” — and suddenly, without the least pretense to musical ability, can look forward to a great career. Decent dance-pop provided a base for the multifaceted Madonna to become everything but a great singer; Corina’s debut album proves nothing except that down deep she’s shallow. Her mediocre vocals are unashamedly mixed for crystal-clear delivery of her lousy diction. ”Temptation” does sport a saucy chorus, but for all the disco tricks driving the beat, Corina doesn’t budge. She sounds like she’s buffing her nails, waiting for that starship to come in. D+
CorinaThis must be Madonna's fault. A pretty disco diva shakes up the New York club scene with her 1990 single ''Lovin' You Like Crazy,'' then jumps to the pop...CorinaPopThis must be Madonna's fault. A pretty disco diva shakes up the New York club scene with her 1990 single ''Lovin' You Like Crazy,'' then jumps to the pop...1991-08-16
Genre: Pop; Lead Performer: Corina; Producer (group): Atco
Posted August 16 1991 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sesame Street's' Maria is departing after more than 40 years
- Casting Net: Michael Ian Black and Missi Pyle sign on for 'Slash'
- Blood Orange releases Charleston-influenced song 'Do You See My Skin Through The Flames?'
- Rihanna has done something no one else has ever done
- Chumbawamba launched Kickstarter for I Get Knocked Down documentary
- Lifetime greenlights flick about Charles Manson gals
- 'Graceland' first look: Watch Johnny help Sid escape
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files': David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson portraits
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Beyoncé, LL Cool J, Taylor Swift & More!