There’s good news and bad news about It Looks Could Kill, a in-and-out-of-the-theaters-in-a-flash spy spoof. The good news is that it’s perhaps the most enjoyable dumb movie you’ll see this year, a teen-comedy version of Hitchcock’s North by Northwest with spectacular stunts. The bad news is it could have been a really great dumb movie if only it weren’t a vehicle for Richard Grieco (Mobsters), a competent enough actor with puppyish charm. The plot here — American kid in France is mistaken for a CIA agent — would seem to call for a youngish Cary Grant type, and that kind of deft comic underplaying is not Grieco’s forte. But the gags are funny, the action rousing, and diminutive Linda Hunt does an homage to Lotte Lenya in From Russia With Love that is an utter hoot. Eminently rentable. B+
Genre: Action/Adventure, Comedy; Starring: Linda Hunt, Richard Grieco, Robin Bartlett, Roger Rees; Director: William Dear; Author: Darren Star; Runtime (in minutes): 88; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted August 16 1991 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Woody Harrelson denied medical marijuana dispensary license: Report
- WATCH: How Ryan Gosling put Margaret Qualley at ease on 'Nice Guys'
- 'That '70s Show' cast reunite on the set of Netflix's 'The Ranch'
- 'Scandal' stars tour the White House ahead of Correspondents' Dinner
- Paul Rudd had a fanboy moment over 'Captain America: Civil War'
- James Gunn's parents visited the set of 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2'
- 'Captain America: Civil War' video spotlights Steve-Bucky relationship
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour
- 40 Celebrities Who Threw Out The First Pitch