There’s good news and bad news about It Looks Could Kill, a in-and-out-of-the-theaters-in-a-flash spy spoof. The good news is that it’s perhaps the most enjoyable dumb movie you’ll see this year, a teen-comedy version of Hitchcock’s North by Northwest with spectacular stunts. The bad news is it could have been a really great dumb movie if only it weren’t a vehicle for Richard Grieco (Mobsters), a competent enough actor with puppyish charm. The plot here — American kid in France is mistaken for a CIA agent — would seem to call for a youngish Cary Grant type, and that kind of deft comic underplaying is not Grieco’s forte. But the gags are funny, the action rousing, and diminutive Linda Hunt does an homage to Lotte Lenya in From Russia With Love that is an utter hoot. Eminently rentable. B+
Genre: Action/Adventure, Comedy; Starring: Linda Hunt, Richard Grieco, Robin Bartlett, Roger Rees; Director: William Dear; Author: Darren Star; Runtime (in minutes): 88; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted August 16 1991 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Justin Timberlake's illegal voting booth selfie is 'under review'
- 'This Is Us' preview: Creator Dan Fogelman on 'The Game Plan'
- Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid perform Justin Bieber's 'Baby'
- Bob Saget teases 'Fuller House' Thanksgiving episode with new photo
- Donald Trump says he has ‘no interest’ in Trump TV
- Australian 'Bachelor' contestants fall in love with each other
- Amy Schumer responds to backlash from 'Formation' parody video
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like
- 'Smallville': Where Are They Now?
- Flashback to Taylor Swift's First Album Drop