There’s good news and bad news about It Looks Could Kill, a in-and-out-of-the-theaters-in-a-flash spy spoof. The good news is that it’s perhaps the most enjoyable dumb movie you’ll see this year, a teen-comedy version of Hitchcock’s North by Northwest with spectacular stunts. The bad news is it could have been a really great dumb movie if only it weren’t a vehicle for Richard Grieco (Mobsters), a competent enough actor with puppyish charm. The plot here — American kid in France is mistaken for a CIA agent — would seem to call for a youngish Cary Grant type, and that kind of deft comic underplaying is not Grieco’s forte. But the gags are funny, the action rousing, and diminutive Linda Hunt does an homage to Lotte Lenya in From Russia With Love that is an utter hoot. Eminently rentable. B+
Genre: Action/Adventure, Comedy; Starring: Linda Hunt, Richard Grieco, Robin Bartlett, Roger Rees; Director: William Dear; Author: Darren Star; Runtime (in minutes): 88; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted August 16 1991 — 12:00 AM EDT
- NBC pulls plug on 'Coach' revival
- 'AHS: Hotel': Ryan Murphy shares three super creepy teasers
- Casting Net: Missi Pyle, Joey Lawrence hit horse rescue drama 'Emma's Chance'
- Rick Ross announces new album will be released this week
- Kesha to guest-star on 'Jane the Virgin'
- 'Dancing With the Stars': Peta Murgatroyd to skip season due to injury
- Jack Black wants to tell you a story in the new 'Goosebumps' trailer
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Kendall Jenner, Jamie Dornan, Katie Holmes & More!