The Really Big Show starts off with a few minutes of classic Dangerfield on a nightclub stage: ”I was in a bar, they told me to get lost — they wanted to start the happy hour.” But then he leaves the stage and the hour becomes a showcase for five young comedians, most of whom aren’t a fifth as funny. The best is David Tyree, who talks about being black in ways that are both amiably corny (”People call me Folgers because I’m dark and rich”) and ruefully true (”The life expectancy of a black man in America is 63 years old — why the hell am I paying Social Security?”). Next time, though, a full hour of Rodney, please. C+
Rodney Dangerfield's The Really Big Show The Really Big Show starts off with a few minutes of classic Dangerfield on a nightclub stage: ''I was in a bar, they told me to...Rodney Dangerfield's The Really Big ShowComedy The Really Big Show starts off with a few minutes of classic Dangerfield on a nightclub stage: ''I was in a bar, they told me to...1991-08-16
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Rodney Dangerfield
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:02 PM EST
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- Five Broadway tickets to snag before Tony nominations make it impossible
- 'Star Wars': 5 revelations from Carrie Fisher at Celebration Q&A
- 'Batman v Superman' trailer is here; official release by Zack Snyder follows leak
- Never-before-seen passage from Madeleine L'Engle's 'A Wrinkle in Time' found
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Olivia Wilde, Brad Paisley, Brandy Norwood & More!