Bobby and the Midnites is a side project run by Bob Weir, the only member of the Grateful Dead who can be described as boyishly cute. Unfortunately, Weir cannot be described as a scintillating front man, and my guess is that this tape of a 1984 Midnites concert will appeal mostly to Deadheads. The music itself varies from just okay to merely inoffensive; it’s all meandering blues and folk grooves, a tad more polished here than if the Dead had rendered them, but still largely uneventful. It is only in a few fascinating close-ups of Weir that you can spot that vestigial psychedelic glint in his eyes. C
Bobby & the MidnitesBobby and the Midnites is a side project run by Bob Weir, the only member of the Grateful Dead who can be described as boyishly cute....Bobby & the MidnitesMusicalUnratedBobby and the Midnites is a side project run by Bob Weir, the only member of the Grateful Dead who can be described as boyishly cute....1991-08-23V.I.E.W.
Genre: Musical; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: V.I.E.W.
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:02 PM EST
- '12 Monkeys' exec producer: THAT Ramse arc 'planned from the first minute'
- Prince sued in recording battle over 'Voice' singer Judith Hill
- James Bond enters a 'hurricane' in first 'Spectre' teaser
- 'Legend of Zelda' for Wii U delayed
- Kit Harington fights terrorism in 'Spooks: The Greater Good' trailer
- Billie Joe Armstrong musical 'These Paper Bullets!' coming to LA, NYC
- 'It Follows': The story behind the score
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- Katy Perry, Kenny & Taylor, Josh Peck and More!