Bobby and the Midnites is a side project run by Bob Weir, the only member of the Grateful Dead who can be described as boyishly cute. Unfortunately, Weir cannot be described as a scintillating front man, and my guess is that this tape of a 1984 Midnites concert will appeal mostly to Deadheads. The music itself varies from just okay to merely inoffensive; it’s all meandering blues and folk grooves, a tad more polished here than if the Dead had rendered them, but still largely uneventful. It is only in a few fascinating close-ups of Weir that you can spot that vestigial psychedelic glint in his eyes. C
Bobby & the MidnitesBobby and the Midnites is a side project run by Bob Weir, the only member of the Grateful Dead who can be described as boyishly cute....Bobby & the MidnitesMusicalUnratedBobby and the Midnites is a side project run by Bob Weir, the only member of the Grateful Dead who can be described as boyishly cute....1991-08-23V.I.E.W.
Genre: Musical; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: V.I.E.W.
Posted August 23 1991 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Stephen King releases 'Drunken Fireworks' audiobook
- Casting Net: Julia Roberts signs on for 'Mother’s Day'
- 'Parks and Rec' alum Retta will host the 'Orphan Black' panel at Comic-Con
- Original Mickey Mouse Club to reunite at Disney's D23
- Apple's appeal denied in ebook antitrust case
- 'Rocky' spinoff 'Creed': First trailer's here
- Apple's Beats 1 radio will be censoring music
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files': David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson portraits
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Ricky Martin, Tina & Jane, Paul Rudd and More!