Bobby and the Midnites is a side project run by Bob Weir, the only member of the Grateful Dead who can be described as boyishly cute. Unfortunately, Weir cannot be described as a scintillating front man, and my guess is that this tape of a 1984 Midnites concert will appeal mostly to Deadheads. The music itself varies from just okay to merely inoffensive; it’s all meandering blues and folk grooves, a tad more polished here than if the Dead had rendered them, but still largely uneventful. It is only in a few fascinating close-ups of Weir that you can spot that vestigial psychedelic glint in his eyes. C
Bobby & the MidnitesBobby and the Midnites is a side project run by Bob Weir, the only member of the Grateful Dead who can be described as boyishly cute....Bobby & the MidnitesMusicalUnratedBobby and the Midnites is a side project run by Bob Weir, the only member of the Grateful Dead who can be described as boyishly cute....1991-08-23V.I.E.W.
Genre: Musical; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: V.I.E.W.
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:02 PM EST
- Casting Net: 'Revenge' star Emily VanCamp returns for 'Captain America: Civil War'
- Jennifer Love Hewitt not returning to 'Criminal Minds': EW exclusive
- 'Kevin Hart: What Now?' and 'Barbershop 3' given 2016 release dates
- 'Mindy Project' axed at Fox; hope at Hulu?
- 'Vampire Diaries': Julie Plec on finale/Nina Dobrev farewell
- 'Last Man Standing' replaces showrunner
- Free Comic Book Day: 15 superhero must-reads
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- Chrissy & John, Reese Witherspoon, Charles Esten & More!