Bobby and the Midnites is a side project run by Bob Weir, the only member of the Grateful Dead who can be described as boyishly cute. Unfortunately, Weir cannot be described as a scintillating front man, and my guess is that this tape of a 1984 Midnites concert will appeal mostly to Deadheads. The music itself varies from just okay to merely inoffensive; it’s all meandering blues and folk grooves, a tad more polished here than if the Dead had rendered them, but still largely uneventful. It is only in a few fascinating close-ups of Weir that you can spot that vestigial psychedelic glint in his eyes. C
Bobby & the MidnitesBobby and the Midnites is a side project run by Bob Weir, the only member of the Grateful Dead who can be described as boyishly cute....Bobby & the MidnitesMusicalUnratedBobby and the Midnites is a side project run by Bob Weir, the only member of the Grateful Dead who can be described as boyishly cute....1991-08-23V.I.E.W.
Genre: Musical; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: V.I.E.W.
Posted August 23 1991 — 12:00 AM EDT
- First Listen: Ellen Pompeo on Meredith's shocking 'Grey's Anatomy' attack
- Al Pacino and Melanie Griffith join Where the White Man Runs Away
- Lamar Odom makes first public appearance since hospitalization
- Luke's daughter, April, and Mrs. Kim are back for 'Gilmore Girls'
- Kevin Bacon has a creepy kid in the trailer for horror movie 'The Darkness'
- Russell Simmons, Tony Rock to present All Def Movie Awards
- Everything you missed from Kanye West's 'TLOP' premiere
- Check out the new Maz Kanata 'Star Wars' action figure
- Burt Reynolds Through the Years
- 'The Walking Dead’: Exclusive EW Portraits
- Exclusive Look at 'The Walking Dead' Midseason Return
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996