Bobby and the Midnites is a side project run by Bob Weir, the only member of the Grateful Dead who can be described as boyishly cute. Unfortunately, Weir cannot be described as a scintillating front man, and my guess is that this tape of a 1984 Midnites concert will appeal mostly to Deadheads. The music itself varies from just okay to merely inoffensive; it’s all meandering blues and folk grooves, a tad more polished here than if the Dead had rendered them, but still largely uneventful. It is only in a few fascinating close-ups of Weir that you can spot that vestigial psychedelic glint in his eyes. C
Bobby & the MidnitesBobby and the Midnites is a side project run by Bob Weir, the only member of the Grateful Dead who can be described as boyishly cute....Bobby & the MidnitesMusicalUnratedBobby and the Midnites is a side project run by Bob Weir, the only member of the Grateful Dead who can be described as boyishly cute....1991-08-23V.I.E.W.
Genre: Musical; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: V.I.E.W.
Posted August 23 1991 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Casting Net: Jason Momoa to star in lumberjack thriller Braven
- Brad Paisley gets ready for football season with 'Country Nation' video
- Selena Gomez is officially in 'Neighbors 2'
- Interracial family comedy in the works at NBC, from Parks and Recreation pair
- Emily Ratajkowski is over 'Blurred Lines': 'It's the bane of my existence'
- Janet Jackson shares powerful new single, 'Unbreakable'
- ESPN extends Curt Schilling's suspension through MLB season
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!