Until Nintendo figures out how to incorporate voice-recognition technology in its equipment, games such as Jeopardy! are just not going to be all that much fun. Though this adaptation is true to the TV show — there are Daily Doubles, Final Jeopardy, etc. — the real challenge is whether or not you can input your answer, one letter at a time, within the 60 seconds allotted after you buzz in (mercifully, the computer supplies the ”Who is ?” part of the phrase). Try running through entire categories — with answers like Whitey Herzog or ”Over the Rainbow” — and your thumb will get sore pretty fast. Jeopardy! is also a bit sexist: When I playfully typed in ”Mary” as my name, it appeared beneath a smirking, suit-and-tied male cartoon figure. C
Posted August 23 1991 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Here's how J.K. Rowling responded to Ireland's historic gay marriage vote
- 'A Beautiful Mind' mathematician John Nash killed in car crash
- 'Turn' sneak peek: Washington meets Lafayette
- Chris Pratt: Why I'm ready to get away from Hollywood
- Matt Damon in Ridley Scott's 'The Martian': First Look
- 'Orphan Black' creator on that crazy, twerktastic episode
- 'Orphan Black': Dylan Bruce on Paul's big moment
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Karina Smirnoff, Zachary Quinto, Taylor Swift & More!