Until Nintendo figures out how to incorporate voice-recognition technology in its equipment, games such as Jeopardy! are just not going to be all that much fun. Though this adaptation is true to the TV show — there are Daily Doubles, Final Jeopardy, etc. — the real challenge is whether or not you can input your answer, one letter at a time, within the 60 seconds allotted after you buzz in (mercifully, the computer supplies the ”Who is ?” part of the phrase). Try running through entire categories — with answers like Whitey Herzog or ”Over the Rainbow” — and your thumb will get sore pretty fast. Jeopardy! is also a bit sexist: When I playfully typed in ”Mary” as my name, it appeared beneath a smirking, suit-and-tied male cartoon figure. C
Posted August 23 1991 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Scream Queens' season 2 promo pics: The doctors (and nurses) are in
- Marvin Kaplan, 'Alice' and 'Top Cat' actor, dies at 89
- Kanye West's Saint Pablo Tour has a flying stage
- 'American Horror Story' teaser channels 'Children of the Corn'
- Mayim Bialik, Marcie Leeds recreate their 'Beaches' opening scene
- Demi Moore joins R-rated comedy 'Rock That Body'
- Reese Witherspoon is 'thinking about’ another 'Legally Blonde' sequel