Until Nintendo figures out how to incorporate voice-recognition technology in its equipment, games such as Jeopardy! are just not going to be all that much fun. Though this adaptation is true to the TV show — there are Daily Doubles, Final Jeopardy, etc. — the real challenge is whether or not you can input your answer, one letter at a time, within the 60 seconds allotted after you buzz in (mercifully, the computer supplies the ”Who is ?” part of the phrase). Try running through entire categories — with answers like Whitey Herzog or ”Over the Rainbow” — and your thumb will get sore pretty fast. Jeopardy! is also a bit sexist: When I playfully typed in ”Mary” as my name, it appeared beneath a smirking, suit-and-tied male cartoon figure. C
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:02 PM EST
- Adrianne Palicki talks 'Agents of SHIELD' and Bobbi: 'a really interesting struggle for her'
- 'Justified': Jere Burns on Mikey's loyalty and THAT scene
- 'Being Mary Jane' director on portraying racism on TV
- 'Finding Carter' returns with its best hour yet
- 'Cougar Town' series finale: How the cul-de-sac crew said goodbye
- Casting Net: Hugh Jackman in 'Apostle Paul,' Stephen Amell in 'TMNT 2'
- Joni Mitchell hospitalized
- Woe-woe-woe: 23 signature sad songs of the past 20 years
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!