Until Nintendo figures out how to incorporate voice-recognition technology in its equipment, games such as Jeopardy! are just not going to be all that much fun. Though this adaptation is true to the TV show — there are Daily Doubles, Final Jeopardy, etc. — the real challenge is whether or not you can input your answer, one letter at a time, within the 60 seconds allotted after you buzz in (mercifully, the computer supplies the ”Who is ?” part of the phrase). Try running through entire categories — with answers like Whitey Herzog or ”Over the Rainbow” — and your thumb will get sore pretty fast. Jeopardy! is also a bit sexist: When I playfully typed in ”Mary” as my name, it appeared beneath a smirking, suit-and-tied male cartoon figure. C
Posted August 23 1991 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': The director's identity revealed?
- 'This Is Us' creator Dan Fogelman on that gut-punch ending
- 'Scream Queens': John Stamos on that 'pretty awkward' shower scene
- Sia uses her song 'The Greatest' to endorse Hillary Clinton
- Ryan Lochte's 'Dancing With the Stars' protestors charged
- Solange Knowles to release new album on Friday
- NBC orders full season of 'This Is Us'