The 16th century had Nostradamus. The 19th century had Rasputin. And the 20th century has…Faith Popcorn? For over 15 years, this soothsayer has been chairman of BrainReserve, a think tank that analyzes and forecasts consumer trends. Usually Popcorn makes her predictions known only to her list of blue-chip corporate clients, but now she’s letting us all take a peek at the world of tomorrow in The Popcorn Report. Her list of current and future fads includes ”cocooning” (”a sort of hyper-nesting”), ”egonomics” (”a nicer narcissism”), and ”down-aging” (”40 now is what used to be 30”). Popcorn’s corporate benefactors pay untold sums for these visions, so I suppose we shouldn’t scoff. Still, the most interesting question raised by this book is never answered — is that her real name or what? C
The Popcorn Report The 16th century had Nostradamus. The 19th century had Rasputin. And the 20th century has...Faith Popcorn? For over 15 years, this soothsayer has ...The Popcorn ReportPolitics and Current Events, Pop CultureFaith Popcorn The 16th century had Nostradamus. The 19th century had Rasputin. And the 20th century has...Faith Popcorn? For over 15 years, this soothsayer has ...1991-08-23Doubleday
Genre: Politics and Current Events, Pop Culture; Author: Faith Popcorn; Publisher: Doubleday
Posted August 23 1991 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Diane Keaton joins Jude Law for HBO's 'The Young Pope'
- Book your tickets to Istanbul: Someone's made a 'Breaking Bad'-inspired coffee shop
- Netflix cancels 'Lilyhammer' after three seasons
- More Meryl, less Springfield in the new 'Ricki and the Flash' trailer
- Unwrap the red-band trailer for 'The Night Before'
- Netflix: Bill Cosby special not 'appropriate' to release
- Terry O'Quinn joins 'Secrets and Lies' for season 2
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- The Hemsworths, Eva Longoria, Tom Cruise & More!