The 16th century had Nostradamus. The 19th century had Rasputin. And the 20th century has…Faith Popcorn? For over 15 years, this soothsayer has been chairman of BrainReserve, a think tank that analyzes and forecasts consumer trends. Usually Popcorn makes her predictions known only to her list of blue-chip corporate clients, but now she’s letting us all take a peek at the world of tomorrow in The Popcorn Report. Her list of current and future fads includes ”cocooning” (”a sort of hyper-nesting”), ”egonomics” (”a nicer narcissism”), and ”down-aging” (”40 now is what used to be 30”). Popcorn’s corporate benefactors pay untold sums for these visions, so I suppose we shouldn’t scoff. Still, the most interesting question raised by this book is never answered — is that her real name or what? C
The Popcorn Report The 16th century had Nostradamus. The 19th century had Rasputin. And the 20th century has...Faith Popcorn? For over 15 years, this soothsayer has ...The Popcorn ReportPolitics and Current Events, Pop CultureFaith Popcorn The 16th century had Nostradamus. The 19th century had Rasputin. And the 20th century has...Faith Popcorn? For over 15 years, this soothsayer has ...1991-08-23Doubleday
Genre: Politics and Current Events, Pop Culture; Author: Faith Popcorn; Publisher: Doubleday
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:02 PM EST
- 'Person of Interest' season 4 finale react: A new world order
- 'Forever' exec producer on Henry's secret--safe or out?
- Casting Net: Ashton Kutcher, Josh Hartnett cast in James Franco's 'The Long Home'
- Tom Brokaw vs. cancer: 'Dateline' special
- 'New Girl' react: A modest proposal
- 'New Girl' boss on that season finale shocker--and what's next
- 'Law & Order: SVU' welcomes back familiar faces; get the scoop, watch a sneak peek
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Rob & Kate, Anna Kendrick, Vanessa & Selena and More!