The 16th century had Nostradamus. The 19th century had Rasputin. And the 20th century has…Faith Popcorn? For over 15 years, this soothsayer has been chairman of BrainReserve, a think tank that analyzes and forecasts consumer trends. Usually Popcorn makes her predictions known only to her list of blue-chip corporate clients, but now she’s letting us all take a peek at the world of tomorrow in The Popcorn Report. Her list of current and future fads includes ”cocooning” (”a sort of hyper-nesting”), ”egonomics” (”a nicer narcissism”), and ”down-aging” (”40 now is what used to be 30”). Popcorn’s corporate benefactors pay untold sums for these visions, so I suppose we shouldn’t scoff. Still, the most interesting question raised by this book is never answered — is that her real name or what? C
The Popcorn Report The 16th century had Nostradamus. The 19th century had Rasputin. And the 20th century has...Faith Popcorn? For over 15 years, this soothsayer has ...The Popcorn ReportPolitics and Current Events, Pop CultureFaith Popcorn The 16th century had Nostradamus. The 19th century had Rasputin. And the 20th century has...Faith Popcorn? For over 15 years, this soothsayer has ...1991-08-23Doubleday
Genre: Politics and Current Events, Pop Culture; Author: Faith Popcorn; Publisher: Doubleday
Posted August 23 1991 — 12:00 AM EDT
- ABC Family and Fox score top marks for inclusion of LGBT characters
- Prince announces three-day Labor Day party ahead of album release
- ABC Family's 13 Nights of Halloween: Who's joining Harry Potter and Batman?
- Christian Slater weighs in on 'Mr. Robot' twist and season finale
- 'Mr. Robot' finale postmortem: Creator Sam Esmail answers burning questions
- 'iZombie' season 2 trailer teases what (or who) is on the menu for Liv Moore
- Casting Net: Mad Men star Jessica Pare cast in Lovesick
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Alessandra Ambrósio, The Kardashians, Malin Akerman & More!