To paraphrase an old joke, three things in life are certain: death, taxes, and the fact that at any given moment Michael Caine is shooting a movie somewhere. Bullseye! is an example of the Caine assembly line at its most pedestrian. The peripatetic star and Roger Moore play small-time hoods whose look-alike resemblance to two scientists is the springboard for a predictable series of scams (a jewel heist) and counterscams (a fake fusion formula). Monty Python’s John Cleese, who should know better, has a cameo near the closing credits; it’s the one funny bit in the picture, but it arrives as too little and far too late. C-
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Comedy; Starring: Michael Caine, Roger Moore, John Cleese, Sally Kirkland; Director: Michael Winner; Status: In Season; MPAA Rating: In Season; Distributor: RCA/Columbia Home Video
Posted August 30 1991 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters