Chalk this up to the fine line between TV fantasy and reality. Last season on ABC’s Anything But Love, magazine reporter Hannah Miller (Jamie Lee Curtis) asked her boyfriend, Marty Gold (Richard Lewis), whom he fantasized about during their lovemaking. Forced into admission, he replied that two women did enter his thoughts: Gabriela Sabatini and Jane Pauley. The stunning Sabatini, currently the No. 3 women’s tennis player in the world, heard about Lewis’ visions. Evidently intrigued by the thought, she decided to pay a visit to the set recently while in L.A. for a Virginia Slims tournament. Even though the 5’8” Argentine tennis ace had never witnessed the slouching comedian’s shtick or watched the show, she admits, ”I was a little nervous.” She did, however, find the self-effacing Lewis ”cute” and signed a photo for him. As a little Anything token, Curtis awarded the court star the two pages from the script that mentioned her and Pauley, with a special note alongside the dialogue: ”You, I can understand. But Jane?” Pauley didn’t seem to think much about her ability to incite fantasy, either. She declined to comment.
Posted August 30 1991 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Chicago Med' has two new showrunners
- Fox changes name of its new series 'The Frankenstein Code'
- Chaka Khan set for 'Dancing With the Stars'
- Why Wayne Brady freaked out at the chance to play drag queen Lola in 'Kinky Boots'
- 'American Dad!' renewed for two seasons
- Nicki Minaj will open the MTV VMAs on Sunday
- Miley Cyrus addresses Nicki Minaj's VMAs comments in new interview
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Miley Cyrus, Taylor & Selena, The Voice Crew & More!