Chalk this up to the fine line between TV fantasy and reality. Last season on ABC’s Anything But Love, magazine reporter Hannah Miller (Jamie Lee Curtis) asked her boyfriend, Marty Gold (Richard Lewis), whom he fantasized about during their lovemaking. Forced into admission, he replied that two women did enter his thoughts: Gabriela Sabatini and Jane Pauley. The stunning Sabatini, currently the No. 3 women’s tennis player in the world, heard about Lewis’ visions. Evidently intrigued by the thought, she decided to pay a visit to the set recently while in L.A. for a Virginia Slims tournament. Even though the 5’8” Argentine tennis ace had never witnessed the slouching comedian’s shtick or watched the show, she admits, ”I was a little nervous.” She did, however, find the self-effacing Lewis ”cute” and signed a photo for him. As a little Anything token, Curtis awarded the court star the two pages from the script that mentioned her and Pauley, with a special note alongside the dialogue: ”You, I can understand. But Jane?” Pauley didn’t seem to think much about her ability to incite fantasy, either. She declined to comment.
Posted August 30 1991 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Casting Net: Patricia Arquette to voice witch in Troll: The Rise of Harry Potter Jr.
- Caitlyn Jenner practices her 'feminine voice' in 'I Am Cait' clip
- Dwayne Johnson on Hulk Hogan's racist rant: 'We've all talked trash'
- Jared Padalecki posted his first-ever #TBT: 13 more 'Supernatural' throwbacks
- Betty White is furious about the killing of Cecil the lion
- Fox cancels Ryan Seacrest's 'Knock Knock Live' after 2 episodes
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Jennifer Lopez, Brad Pitt, Candace & Lori and More!