Chalk this up to the fine line between TV fantasy and reality. Last season on ABC’s Anything But Love, magazine reporter Hannah Miller (Jamie Lee Curtis) asked her boyfriend, Marty Gold (Richard Lewis), whom he fantasized about during their lovemaking. Forced into admission, he replied that two women did enter his thoughts: Gabriela Sabatini and Jane Pauley. The stunning Sabatini, currently the No. 3 women’s tennis player in the world, heard about Lewis’ visions. Evidently intrigued by the thought, she decided to pay a visit to the set recently while in L.A. for a Virginia Slims tournament. Even though the 5’8” Argentine tennis ace had never witnessed the slouching comedian’s shtick or watched the show, she admits, ”I was a little nervous.” She did, however, find the self-effacing Lewis ”cute” and signed a photo for him. As a little Anything token, Curtis awarded the court star the two pages from the script that mentioned her and Pauley, with a special note alongside the dialogue: ”You, I can understand. But Jane?” Pauley didn’t seem to think much about her ability to incite fantasy, either. She declined to comment.
Posted August 30 1991 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Philinda finally going to happen?
- Adele endorses Hillary Clinton at Miami concert
- Stephen Colbert compares Donald Trump to Voldemort
- 'This Is Us': Dan Fogelman breaks down Jack and William revelations
- Trump-inspired 'Law & Order: SVU' episode gets post-election air date
- 'This Is Us': Milo Ventimiglia on Jack's fate
- 'Gilmore Girls' revival: New posters feature three generations, plus Luke
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like
- 'Smallville': Where Are They Now?
- Flashback to Taylor Swift's First Album Drop