New Jersey’s Naughty by Nature scored the party jam of the summer, selling well over half a million copies of ”O.P.P.” — a sly, body-rocking tune with a melodic pop hook and plenty of cute double entendres — and propelling their self-titled album to a debut on the Billboard chart at No. 17. Although just as irresistible on the dance floor, the rest of Naughty by Nature is everything but cute. Rapper Treach, who has a rapid, assertive delivery, leads the trio through a searing indictment of inner-city life, much of it explicitly autobiographical: ”Ghetto Bastard,” for instance, seethes with the pain of a fatherless childhood in the concrete jungle. Naughty by Nature are a rarity among rap groups: They’re both danceable and intense enough to be welcomed with equal enthusiasm by mainstream radio and the hard-core street crowd. A
Naughty By NatureNew Jersey's Naughty by Nature scored the party jam of the summer, selling well over half a million copies of ''O.P.P.'' — a sly, body-rocking...Naughty By NatureHip-Hop/RapNew Jersey's Naughty by Nature scored the party jam of the summer, selling well over half a million copies of ''O.P.P.'' — a sly, body-rocking...1991-10-04
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Producer (group): Tommy Boy
Posted October 4 1991 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Colin Trevorrow on 'Jurassic World's monster star Indominus Rex
- Drake: 'Madonna' out, 'Rihanna' in?
- Ben Stiller tweets about mom Anne Meara
- Max Greenfield joins 'AHS: Hotel' cast
- Josh Duggar: Eye on awkward joke in clip
- Rob Thomas returns with new single 'Trust You,' shares details of new album
- 'Winter Is Coming Live': Will Stannis make the sacrifice on 'Game of Thrones'?
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Christina & Matt, Kendall Jenner, Jordin Sparks & More!