New Jersey’s Naughty by Nature scored the party jam of the summer, selling well over half a million copies of ”O.P.P.” — a sly, body-rocking tune with a melodic pop hook and plenty of cute double entendres — and propelling their self-titled album to a debut on the Billboard chart at No. 17. Although just as irresistible on the dance floor, the rest of Naughty by Nature is everything but cute. Rapper Treach, who has a rapid, assertive delivery, leads the trio through a searing indictment of inner-city life, much of it explicitly autobiographical: ”Ghetto Bastard,” for instance, seethes with the pain of a fatherless childhood in the concrete jungle. Naughty by Nature are a rarity among rap groups: They’re both danceable and intense enough to be welcomed with equal enthusiasm by mainstream radio and the hard-core street crowd. A
Naughty By NatureNew Jersey's Naughty by Nature scored the party jam of the summer, selling well over half a million copies of ''O.P.P.'' — a sly, body-rocking...Naughty By NatureHip-Hop/RapNew Jersey's Naughty by Nature scored the party jam of the summer, selling well over half a million copies of ''O.P.P.'' — a sly, body-rocking...1991-10-04
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Producer (group): Tommy Boy
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:02 PM EST
- 'Outlander' postmortem: EP Ronald Moore talks Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Orphan Black' creators on sexy, surreal season premiere
- 'Orphan Black' star Tatiana Maslany on season premiere choking and spanking
- Jonathan Crombie, seen as Gilbert Blythe in 'Anne of Green Gables' films, dies at 48
- Johnny Kemp, 'Just Got Paid' singer, dies
- Star Wars Celebration: Jakku, BB-8 and other key takeaways about 'The Force Awakens'
- Two generations of heroes meet in new 'Star Wars Rebels' trailer
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!