Yes, Marla Maples appears as herself on the Oct. 7 episode of CBS’ Designing Women, but the news du jour is her post-Donald fling with pop star Michael Bolton, which came to light last week when the two were reportedly seen riding the Zipper, a carnival ride at the Central Washington State Fair in Yakima, where the singer was performing. ”He’s a great entertainer, and I really enjoy his music,” is all Maples, 27, says of Bolton, 38, and then it’s on to this acting thing. ”I gave 100 percent of myself to Donald, but now it’s time I moved in my own direction. Doing this show (in which she advises Julia Duffy, above, how not to marry a millionaire) was a way to make light of a situation that the whole world has made so dramatic. All this attention — it just flabbergasts me.”
Posted October 11 1991 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kanye West announces new album title
- 'SNL' react: Your quick take on Dakota Johnson and Alabama Shakes?
- 'Parks and Rec': On set for the final day
- John Green's 'Alaska' scriptwriters set
- Craig Ferguson set for ABC comedy pilot
- Will Smith back in 'Focus': What critics said
- 'The Red Road's Jason Momoa on season 2 and when we can expect Aquaman in action
- 20 TV series that nailed it with their very first scenes
- 'Last Man on Earth' guys salute inspirations
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Susan Sarandon, Prince William and More!