Yes, Marla Maples appears as herself on the Oct. 7 episode of CBS’ Designing Women, but the news du jour is her post-Donald fling with pop star Michael Bolton, which came to light last week when the two were reportedly seen riding the Zipper, a carnival ride at the Central Washington State Fair in Yakima, where the singer was performing. ”He’s a great entertainer, and I really enjoy his music,” is all Maples, 27, says of Bolton, 38, and then it’s on to this acting thing. ”I gave 100 percent of myself to Donald, but now it’s time I moved in my own direction. Doing this show (in which she advises Julia Duffy, above, how not to marry a millionaire) was a way to make light of a situation that the whole world has made so dramatic. All this attention — it just flabbergasts me.”
Posted October 11 1991 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Casting Net: Jason Isaacs to play villain in Gore Verbinski's horror flick 'A Cure for Wellness'
- 'Stitchers' react: Ambitious premise loses its thread
- Jay Rock shares introspective 'Money Trees Deuce'
- 'Entourage' becomes next victim of 'Honest Trailers' treatment
- 'Paper Towns' trailer sets up the mystery of Margo
- Twisted Sister documentary acquired by Music Box Films
- Gillian Anderson-led 'Streetcar Named Desire' coming to New York