The American Magazine, a lavishly illustrated and informative history of what this book’s writers and editors fervently hope is still the most exciting game around — the American magazine. Chapters on the social impact of magazines, on the history of the women’s magazine, and on magazine fiction will help to persuade the unconvinced that this is so. But the graphics — layouts, typography, and photos — should leave no doubt in their minds. A-
The American Magazine The American Magazine, a lavishly illustrated and informative history of what this book's writers and editors fervently hope is...The American MagazinePop Culture, Coffee TableAmy Janello, Brennon Jones The American Magazine, a lavishly illustrated and informative history of what this book's writers and editors fervently hope is...1991-10-18Abrams
Genre: Pop Culture, Coffee Table; Author: Amy Janello, Brennon Jones; Publisher: Abrams
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:02 PM EST
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Hugh Jackman teases final go-round as 'Wolverine' on Instagram
- J.K. Rowling's 'Casual Vacancy' miniseries gets a trailer
- Sacha Baron Cohen as Freddie Mercury
- Justin Moore on touring with Miranda Lambert, new music, and getting to play Madison Square Garden
- What we're reading now: Hammer Head by Nina MacLaughlin
- Trevor Noah eyed as 'Daily Show' host?
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Kate Mara, Sienna Miller & More!