In an embarrassment of riches for Ninja nuts, with emphasis on the embarrassment, American Ninja 4 teams the series’ original star, Michael Dudikoff, with successor David Bradley, who replaced him in the last installment. Missing in action, however, is longtime sidekick Steve James, who always had more screen presence than either of his costars. Worse still, the martial-arts sequences have hit a series low. Part of the problem, believe it or not, is too much plot. First, Bradley is sent to free some Delta Force hostages from a terrorist leader’s mountain fortress. Then Bradley too gets captured, and Dudikoff is called out of Rambo-style retirement to save the day. Unfortunately, there are too few worthy challenges along the way, and the finale is less than grand. Instead of twice the excitement, there’s just the same old amount — divided between two heroes. C-
American Ninja 4: The Annihilation In an embarrassment of riches for Ninja nuts, with emphasis on the embarrassment, American Ninja 4 teams the series' original star,...American Ninja 4: The AnnihilationAction/Adventure, DramaPT93MR In an embarrassment of riches for Ninja nuts, with emphasis on the embarrassment, American Ninja 4 teams the series' original star,...1991-10-18Cannon Video
Genre: Action/Adventure, Drama; Starring: David Bradley, Michael Dudikoff; Runtime (in minutes): 93; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Cannon Video
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:02 PM EST
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': $200+M so far
- Jay Z on Tidal: ‘not perfect,' 'determined’
- 'Grey's Anatomy' fans launch petition to bring McDreamy back
- Patrick Dempsey's EW Q&A on 'Grey's' exit: 'Shonda cares deeply about fans and how they will react'
- John Boyega talks 'Star Wars': 'something symbolic about new generation and old coming together'
- 'Furious 7' wins at box office; No. 5 in all-time global earnings
- 'Goodfellas' reunion: 8 'funny' stories from the cast Q&A