For a straight-from-the-bottle supplement to Altman’s dramatic vision, viewers can seek out Paul Cox’s (Man of Flowers) acclaimed 99-minute documentary of van Gogh’s life, Vincent: The Life and Death of Vincent Van Gogh. Against a backdrop of paintings and scenes of the regions in which they were created, actor John Hurt reads long, painfully introspective passages from the artist’s diaries and letters. The aesthetic vision of filmmakers like Altman and Cox notwithstanding, it is van Gogh’s works and his words that speak most movingly of the man and his pain. B
Vincent: The Life and Death of Vincent Van GoghFor a straight-from-the-bottle supplement to Altman's dramatic vision, viewers can seek out Paul Cox's (Man of Flowers) acclaimed 99-minute...Vincent: The Life and Death of Vincent Van GoghAnimation, DocumentaryPaul CoxPT105MPG-13For a straight-from-the-bottle supplement to Altman's dramatic vision, viewers can seek out Paul Cox's (Man of Flowers) acclaimed 99-minute...1991-10-18Roxie Home Video
Genre: Animation, Documentary; Starring: John Hurt; Director: Paul Cox; Author: Paul Cox; Runtime (in minutes): 105; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Roxie Home Video
Posted October 18 1991 — 12:00 AM EDT
- President Obama and Vice head to prison in 'Fixing the System' trailer
- Chris Messina in talks to play Ben Affleck's best friend in 'Live By Night'
- 'Minions' clears $1 billion at the worldwide box office
- Justin Bieber to spend several mornings with you on the 'Today' show
- 'Doubt': 'Good Wife' actor to star opposite Katherine Heigl
- The first trans director of 'Transparent' on his experiences with the show
- Miley Cyrus reveals what a rainbow tastes like during Tumblr Q&A
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!