In K-9000, A couple of genetically fortunate leads, some smart-aleck but sappy dialogue from hot writer Steven de Souza (Die Hard, Die Hard 2), decent production values, and a talking telepathic pooch make K-9000’s made-for-video fluff almost watchable. Almost. Twin Peaks’ Chris Mulkey, playing a renegade cop, and Dynasty’s Catherine Oxenberg, as a New Age scientist, appear embarrassed as they try to save the world by preventing a secret genetic experiment from getting into the wrong paws. Even K-9000, the chatty computerized German shepherd, looks lost. This film tries to capitalize on the recent rental successes of such canine capers as Turner and Hooch and K-9, but is K-9000 an action-packed shoot-out, a tongue-in-cheek comedy, or sentimental sci-fi? Answer: none of the above. D+
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy, Action/Adventure; Starring: Chris Mulkey, Catherine Oxenberg, Dennis Haysbert, Jerry Houser; Director: Kim Manners; Author: Steven E. De Souza, Michael Part; Runtime (in minutes): 96; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Fries Home Video
Posted October 25 1991 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Meek Mill hits back at Drake with diss track 'Wanna Know'
- 'Graceland' postmortem: Is Paige in over her head?
- 'Wet Hot' creators provide teases for 40 characters in the prequel
- Patricia Arquette to voice witch in 'Troll: The Rise of Harry Potter Jr.'
- Caitlyn Jenner practices her 'feminine voice' in 'I Am Cait' clip
- Dwayne Johnson on Hulk Hogan's racist rant: 'We've all talked trash'
- Jared Padalecki posted his first-ever #TBT: 13 more 'Supernatural' throwbacks
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Jennifer Lopez, Brad Pitt, Candace & Lori and More!