In K-9000, A couple of genetically fortunate leads, some smart-aleck but sappy dialogue from hot writer Steven de Souza (Die Hard, Die Hard 2), decent production values, and a talking telepathic pooch make K-9000’s made-for-video fluff almost watchable. Almost. Twin Peaks’ Chris Mulkey, playing a renegade cop, and Dynasty’s Catherine Oxenberg, as a New Age scientist, appear embarrassed as they try to save the world by preventing a secret genetic experiment from getting into the wrong paws. Even K-9000, the chatty computerized German shepherd, looks lost. This film tries to capitalize on the recent rental successes of such canine capers as Turner and Hooch and K-9, but is K-9000 an action-packed shoot-out, a tongue-in-cheek comedy, or sentimental sci-fi? Answer: none of the above. D+
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy, Action/Adventure; Starring: Chris Mulkey, Catherine Oxenberg, Dennis Haysbert, Jerry Houser; Director: Kim Manners; Author: Steven E. De Souza, Michael Part; Runtime (in minutes): 96; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Fries Home Video
Posted October 25 1991 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Scream' postmortem: The killer revealed! What's next?
- 'Scream' postmortem: The killer speaks out!
- Fox News anchor Harris Faulkner sues Hasbro over same-named toy hamster
- Casting Net: Scott Eastwood set to become action star in 'Overdrive'
- 'Scream' honors Wes Craven during finale
- Ellen Page says her 'Freeheld' role inspired her to come out
- 'Brides of Dracula' series from 'Arrow' producer gets NBC pilot commitment
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Andrew & Laura, Rihanna and More!