Given the current mania for putting hit television shows on tape, it was inevitable that we’d start seeing Simpsons collectibles. The Simpsons’ Christmas Special is the first of what will probably be a never-ending merchandising bonanza, and while it’s hardly the best or even most representative episode, there’s enough of the endearingly cynical, vaguely leftist humor that makes the series an oasis of sanity in the prime-time desert. I won’t give the plot away; let’s just note that it does to various Christmas clichés exactly what deserves to be done to them. Or as Marge says of Homer’s last-minute gift of a family dog: ”It’s perfect — something that can share our love and frighten prowlers.” Very nice stereo sound, by the way. B+
The Simpsons' Christmas SpecialGiven the current mania for putting hit television shows on tape, it was inevitable that we'd start seeing Simpsons collectibles. The...The Simpsons' Christmas SpecialHoliday, Animation, ComedyUnratedGiven the current mania for putting hit television shows on tape, it was inevitable that we'd start seeing Simpsons collectibles. The...1991-10-25Nancy CartwrightDan CastellanetaJulie KavnerFox Home Video
Genre: Holiday, Animation, Comedy; Starring: Nancy Cartwright, Dan Castellaneta, Julie Kavner; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Fox Home Video
Posted October 25 1991 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Twilight' vs. 'Life and Death': A sexy vampire glossary
- 'We Are Still Here': How they created the year's creepiest ghosts
- 'Grandfathered' snags 'Agent Carter' star as love interest
- Jared Leto stayed in character on 'Suicide Squad' set
- New Cosby accuser files lawsuit: 'It is my hope that he will in fact face justice'
- Nina Dobrev explains why she's the scariest cast member in 'The Final Girls'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead': Robert Kirkman promises 'awesome boat stuff' in season 2