Given the current mania for putting hit television shows on tape, it was inevitable that we’d start seeing Simpsons collectibles. The Simpsons’ Christmas Special is the first of what will probably be a never-ending merchandising bonanza, and while it’s hardly the best or even most representative episode, there’s enough of the endearingly cynical, vaguely leftist humor that makes the series an oasis of sanity in the prime-time desert. I won’t give the plot away; let’s just note that it does to various Christmas clichés exactly what deserves to be done to them. Or as Marge says of Homer’s last-minute gift of a family dog: ”It’s perfect — something that can share our love and frighten prowlers.” Very nice stereo sound, by the way. B+
The Simpsons' Christmas SpecialGiven the current mania for putting hit television shows on tape, it was inevitable that we'd start seeing Simpsons collectibles. The...The Simpsons' Christmas SpecialHoliday, Animation, ComedyUnratedGiven the current mania for putting hit television shows on tape, it was inevitable that we'd start seeing Simpsons collectibles. The...1991-10-25Nancy CartwrightDan CastellanetaJulie KavnerFox Home Video
Genre: Holiday, Animation, Comedy; Starring: Nancy Cartwright, Dan Castellaneta, Julie Kavner; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Fox Home Video
Posted October 25 1991 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 1D's Liam Payne announces third single from 'Made in the A.M.'
- New 'Luther' trailer asks: 'You scared of me?'
- Drake: 'I'd do anything with Adele' — including a 'Hotline Bling' remix
- National Dog Show names Charlie the Skye terrier its Best in Show
- CBS will air two Super Bowl commercial specials before 'Super Bowl 50'
- Amy Schumer, Mindy Kaling, and more celebs give thanks on social media
- Highlights from the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade