Smokey Robinson has always been something of an oddity in the wide pantheon of soul artists-he’s one of the few who write their own songs. From the Miracles to this first non-Motown solo recording, Smokey’s subject, as he sails smoothly through the years untroubled by trends, has been that timeless theme of soul balladry: the honeyed rush of first love. Double Good Everything is more of the pleasant same — no watershed, just sweet, warm Smokey doing his bit for romantic drive-time inspiration, more courtly than salacious, and slightly teenage in his depictions of love. B
Double Good Everything Smokey Robinson has always been something of an oddity in the wide pantheon of soul artists-he's one of the few who write their own songs. From the...Double Good EverythingR&B Smokey Robinson has always been something of an oddity in the wide pantheon of soul artists-he's one of the few who write their own songs. From the...1991-11-01
Genre: R&B; Lead Performer: Smokey Robinson
Posted November 1 1991 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Chicago Med' has two new showrunners
- Fox changes name of its new series 'The Frankenstein Code'
- Chaka Khan set for 'Dancing With the Stars'
- Why Wayne Brady freaked out at the chance to play drag queen Lola in 'Kinky Boots'
- 'American Dad!' renewed for two seasons
- Nicki Minaj will open the MTV VMAs on Sunday
- Miley Cyrus addresses Nicki Minaj's VMAs comments in new interview
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Miley Cyrus, Taylor & Selena, The Voice Crew & More!