For the parents who make up a substantial portion of the Nintendo demographic, Hyper Zone might more appropriately be called ”Go Faster, Dear, They’re Throwing Boulders at the Windshield.” A futuristic piloting-shooting adventure, the game has players hurtling along in a spaceship, blasting away at approaching bad guys. With lots of practice, you can learn to forestall annihilation, but when you finally blow up (and believe me, you will finally blow up), it’s like reliving every grisly driver’s-ed film you saw in high school. A
Posted November 1 1991 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Game of Thrones': Emilia Clarke bares teeth with her 'dragon pack'
- Herschell Gordon Lewis, horror's 'godfather of gore,' dies at 87
- William Friedkin set for 'French Connection' anniversary screening
- WATCH: 'The Voice' coaches go head-to-head on game night
- 'Westworld' releases trippy new poster
- 'That Golden Girls Show' transforms quartet into puppets
- Vic Mensa: 'Affecting change in the hood is why I vote'