How can you keep up with who’s who and, more precisely, who’s where on NBC’s popular Saturday-night sitcoms on Nov. 9? Dinah Manoff of Empty Nest will appear on a special one-hour Golden Girls, Girls’ Estelle Getty will visit Empty Nest, and Park Overall of Nest and Betty White of Girls will appear on Nurses. Got it? On NBC’s ”seamless night,” Hurricane Gil and Hurricane Heidi will hit Florida and wreak havoc on the characters of the three sitcoms, all set in Miami. While shows have had overlapping plots before (ABC’s Family Matters and Step by Step this season), this is the first time a network has sewn three shows together. ”Warren Littlefield [NBC Entertainment president] asked us to try to run one story line through all three episodes,” says Tony Thomas, a co-executive producer of all three shows, ”and we figured it might be fun.” Thomas is pleased with the results, but it was ”an absolute headache.” No major injuries to any favorite characters can be reported, but, says Thomas, ”Empty Nest bore the brunt of the wetness.”
Posted November 1 1991 — 12:00 AM EST
- Anthony Geary may return to 'General Hospital' if 'story is interesting'
- See the first trailer for Michael Bay's Benghazi movie
- Did 'Scream' just reveal the killer?
- Cindy Crawford is developing NBC series about fashion in the '80s
- Chris Pine reportedly signed for 'Wonder Woman'
- 'Orange Is the New Black': What happened to Nicky Nichols?
- 'Empire' creator goes behind the scenes of 'American Crime Story'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Ellie Kemper, Matthew Fox, The VS Angels & More!