For urban dwellers, the idea of three-dimensional Pac-Man, with malevolent ”ghosts” chasing you around corners and ganging up on you at intersections, will have special resonance. Pac- Mania, however, disappoints for two reasons. First, the 3-D conceit allows you to see only a relatively small portion of the maze at a time, making it hard to tell how many ”power pills” are left to be gobbled up or where your enemies are coming from. Second — and this is what really sabotages the game — the unresponsive control pad has Pac-Man slamming into walls at the exact moment he should be getting his little yellow heinie out of harm’s way. B-
Posted November 1 1991 — 12:00 AM EST
- Andy Samberg provides Emmys hashtags #freepizza(no)
- Watch the MTV VMAs with EW's drinking game
- Fan theory suggests the Joker was hero of 'The Dark Knight'
- Everything Hannibal wore on 'Hannibal'
- Jeff Probst on the players he is surprised did not get voted into 'Survivor'
- Justin Timberlake and Jonathan Demme are making a 'space age music film'
- Everything you need to know about the 2015 MTV VMAs
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Darius Rucker, Paris Hilton, Nick & Pharrell and More!