Most of the good ol’ boys making it big in country music these days wouldn’t be caught dead without cowboy headgear. In fact, people like Garth Brooks, Clint Black, and Alan Jackson are commonly referred to as ”hat acts.” But Travis Tritt and Marty Stuart, who’ve both enjoyed top 10 country hits recently (”Anymore” and ”Tempted,” respectively), are going against the felt. From now until early next year, the two will be hitting the road as the No Hats Tour. Tritt says, ”I don’t think you should wear a hat unless you can ride a horse.” Besides, he adds, ”Even if we wanted to, we couldn’t find cowboy hats to fit over all this hair.”
Posted November 29 1991 — 12:00 AM EST
- Beach House details dreamy new single 'Sparks'
- 'Wet Hot American Summer': Watch Netflix's first full trailer
- 'Terminator Genisys': The franchise timeline, explained
- Jimmy Kimmel gives the world's ugliest dog a makeover
- Jon Stewart on Ted Cruz 'Simpsons' impressions: 'weirdest f---ing thing I've ever seen'
- Demi Lovato hits back at critics who say new single sounds like Katy Perry
- Sandra Bullock vs. media view of women