In the world of Prairie Oyster, the stars above are little more than throbbing neon beer signs, the ground below a soft sawdust dance floor. An accomplished country dance band, this Toronto sextet knows the appeal of a soft-chugging shuffle (”Will I Do (Till the Right Thing Comes Along),” ”Here’s to You”), and the emotional release of a pounding piano (”Everybody Knows”). Led by bassist Russell deCarle, who handles the vocals with almost as much flair as Western-swing legend Tommy Duncan, Everybody Knows also includes an old-fashioned, Carter Family-style love ballad (”Did You Fall in Love With Me”) and a funny song (”I Think That We Did Something”) about a couple who gets so drunk on the dance floor that they forget whether they did anything they ought to regret. Prairie Oyster is a little too restrained, but if they ever recover from that reserve, we’ll be cutting a new path across the border. B
Everybody Knows In the world of Prairie Oyster, the stars above are little more than throbbing neon beer signs, the ground below a soft sawdust dance floor. An...Everybody KnowsCountry In the world of Prairie Oyster, the stars above are little more than throbbing neon beer signs, the ground below a soft sawdust dance floor. An...1992-01-24
Genre: Country; Lead Performer: Trisha Yearwood
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:02 PM EST
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- Five Broadway tickets to snag before Tony nominations make it impossible
- 'Star Wars': 5 revelations from Carrie Fisher at Celebration Q&A
- 'Batman v Superman' trailer is here; official release by Zack Snyder follows leak
- Never-before-seen passage from Madeleine L'Engle's 'A Wrinkle in Time' found
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Naomi Campbell, Jessica & Rosario, the Star Wars Cast & More