Grim is The Boxer and Death, a lost Czechoslovak film resurrected for video. In this worthy addition to Holocaust literature, a concentration-camp prisoner (Stefan Kvietik) literally fights for his life as a commandant (Manfred Krug) obscenely fattens him up for their boxing rounds while starving Jews look on. The action is casually set against the pornographic background of camp activities, ranging from pointless manual labor to human incineration. B+
Posted February 7 1992 — 12:00 AM EST
- Horror and fantasy authors team up for new Hellboy prose anthology
- Offerman & Mullally are uncomfortably close on 'Life in Pieces'
- Gorillaz release new digital story, 'The Book of Murdoc'
- How Benedict Cumberbatch got in shape for 'Doctor Strange'
- 'Vampire Diaries': Kevin Williamson talks Katherine's season 1 twist
- Why William Castle's 'Strait-Jacket' is the perfect Halloween movie
- 'Rocky Horror' ratings no 'Grease'