Talk about global woes. An astute viewer recently took the syndicated Entertainment Tonight to task when he noticed the little globe logo the show used for its ”Newsreel” segment was rotating the wrong direction. Joseph N. Portney of Tarzana, Calif., wrote to remind ET that the earth spins from west to east, not the other way. A spokesman says the error has been corrected, but the show shouldn’t feel alone. Both NBC’s News Tonight and the CBS soap As the World Turns have had to correct their wayward world symbols. Even the 19911 Grammy Awards featured a wrong-way earth. Kind of makes one’s head spin, too.
Posted March 13 1992 — 12:00 AM EST
- Bob Dylan thanks Nobel Prize committee for honoring his songs as literature
- Chris Pratt says his son thinks acting is 'stupid'
- 'Assassin's Creed': Final trailer has plenty of new footage
- Louis Tomlinson debuts new song on ‘X Factor’ days after mom’s death
- 'Insidious: Chapter 4' first look sees Lin Shaye facing her demons
- 'Sherlock' intense season 4 trailer: 'I love you'
- Patti Smith covers Bob Dylan at Nobel Prize ceremony