The six guys who make up this former club-circuit band call themselves Little Texas. But Very Little Texas would be a better description of their sound. First Time for Everything is totally devoid of fiddles, and the pedal steel guitar comes from a session player. Little Texas makes music for urban cowboys and cowgirls, the kind who put on their Western duds once a week and crowd into country bars to check each other out. The songs, strong on pop melody and layered vocal harmonies, embrace ersatz Memphis R&B (”Better Way”), neo-honky-tonk waltzes (”First Time for Everything”), and nostalgic balladry (”You and Forever and Me”). And they’re never, ever concerned with anything but getting it on and getting left behind. There’s a first time for everything, all right, and for Little Texas that still includes making a record of substance.
First Time for Everything The six guys who make up this former club-circuit band call themselves Little Texas. But Very Little Texas would be a better description of their ...First Time for EverythingCountry The six guys who make up this former club-circuit band call themselves Little Texas. But Very Little Texas would be a better description of their ...1992-04-17
Posted April 17 1992 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Michael Fassbender is the Dude for upcoming 'Big Lebowski' live read in Montreal
- ESPN pulls golf tourney off Trump course
- Jerry Weintraub, veteran Hollywood producer, dies at 77
- Bill Cosby said in '05 deposition he acquired drugs to give women for sex
- Exclusive 'Royal Pains' clip: Hank is suspicious of Evan and Boris
- LeBron James will premiere Amy Schumer's Trainwreck in Akron
- Women's World Cup final: 25.4M viewers
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Kendall Jenner, Liv Tyler, Jessie J & More!