The six guys who make up this former club-circuit band call themselves Little Texas. But Very Little Texas would be a better description of their sound. First Time for Everything is totally devoid of fiddles, and the pedal steel guitar comes from a session player. Little Texas makes music for urban cowboys and cowgirls, the kind who put on their Western duds once a week and crowd into country bars to check each other out. The songs, strong on pop melody and layered vocal harmonies, embrace ersatz Memphis R&B (”Better Way”), neo-honky-tonk waltzes (”First Time for Everything”), and nostalgic balladry (”You and Forever and Me”). And they’re never, ever concerned with anything but getting it on and getting left behind. There’s a first time for everything, all right, and for Little Texas that still includes making a record of substance.
First Time for Everything The six guys who make up this former club-circuit band call themselves Little Texas. But Very Little Texas would be a better description of their ...First Time for EverythingCountry The six guys who make up this former club-circuit band call themselves Little Texas. But Very Little Texas would be a better description of their ...1992-04-17
Posted April 17 1992 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kelly Rutherford: Judge blocks kids' return
- Colin Donnell joins 'Chicago Med' cast
- Fans of 'The Goonies' are ringing in the 30th anniversary of the film in a big way
- Action Bronson removed from main stage of NXNE in wake of petition
- Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch: By the numbers
- Lifetime's 'The Secret Life of Marilyn Monroe' is hardly revealing
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 best festivals
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 biggest albums
- TV Season Finale Awards: YOUR 2015 winners are...
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- Cruel Intentions Reunion, Kim Kardashian, Soleil & Demi and More!