The six guys who make up this former club-circuit band call themselves Little Texas. But Very Little Texas would be a better description of their sound. First Time for Everything is totally devoid of fiddles, and the pedal steel guitar comes from a session player. Little Texas makes music for urban cowboys and cowgirls, the kind who put on their Western duds once a week and crowd into country bars to check each other out. The songs, strong on pop melody and layered vocal harmonies, embrace ersatz Memphis R&B (”Better Way”), neo-honky-tonk waltzes (”First Time for Everything”), and nostalgic balladry (”You and Forever and Me”). And they’re never, ever concerned with anything but getting it on and getting left behind. There’s a first time for everything, all right, and for Little Texas that still includes making a record of substance.
First Time for Everything The six guys who make up this former club-circuit band call themselves Little Texas. But Very Little Texas would be a better description of their ...First Time for EverythingCountry The six guys who make up this former club-circuit band call themselves Little Texas. But Very Little Texas would be a better description of their ...1992-04-17
Posted January 17 2015 — 11:46 AM EST
- Scientology doc 'Going Clear' airing Sunday on HBO
- Kids' Choice Awards 2015: See who got slimed
- 'Home' is where the weekend box office crown is: $54M debut
- Destiny's Child reunited at Stellar Gospel Music Awards
- Angelina Jolie makes first public appearance since her surgery at the Kids Choice Awards
- 'Walking Dead': You can live in Alexandria--for real!
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!