Billy Ray Cyrus Some Gave All (Mercury) Kentuckian Billy Ray Cyrus dresses like James Dean and moves like Elvis, but he’s really a Billy ”Crash” Craddock for the ’90s — a purveyor of old-style rock & roll done up with a twang. On his debut, Some Gave All, Cyrus and his workingman’s-bar band rock with both the rhythm of sex (the crossover hit ”Achy Breaky Heart”) and the rhythm of the job down at the auto plant. But in contrast to a performer like Aaron Tippin, who mines a fresh lode from blue-collar woes, he covers the same old territory, dumbing down into stereotype for the white-trash novelty tune ”Wher’m I Gonna Live?,” and hauling out a predictable Vietnam-vets tribute for the title tune. To his credit, Cyrus delivers a convincing reading of ”Could’ve Been Me,” capturing one man’s torment in watching the woman he loves marry someone else. But when he launches into the time warp of ”These Boots Are Made for Walkin’,” Cyrus suggests he’s really just a Dew Drop Inn regular who accidentally stumbled into the big time. D+
Some Gave All Billy Ray Cyrus Some Gave All (Mercury) Kentuckian Billy Ray Cyrus dresses like James Dean and moves like Elvis, but he's really a Billy ''Crash''...Some Gave AllCountry Billy Ray Cyrus Some Gave All (Mercury) Kentuckian Billy Ray Cyrus dresses like James Dean and moves like Elvis, but he's really a Billy ''Crash''...1992-05-29
Genre: Country; Lead Performer: Billy Ray Cyrus
Posted May 29 1992 — 12:00 AM EDT
- The lawsuit over 'Mr. Holmes' has been settled, attorney says
- Kristen Bell’s gift to Dax Shepard makes us all miss 'Parenthood'
- Casting Net: Jason Momoa to star in lumberjack thriller Braven
- Brad Paisley gets ready for football season with 'Country Nation' video
- Selena Gomez is officially in 'Neighbors 2'
- Interracial family comedy in the works at NBC, from Parks and Recreation pair
- Emily Ratajkowski is over 'Blurred Lines': 'It's the bane of my existence'
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!