For at least a generation, food writers have been discovering grains and beans as nourishing fare that’s easy on the planet, & purse, and arteries. About 10 years ago the Londons assembled a collection of nutritionally correct recipes with a whole-grain base. This time their approach is more ecumenical. Red meat and white rice coexist with vegetarian entries and alternative grains; ethnic dishes mix with cross-cultural combinations; and bolder accents of hot and pungent flavors perk up featured staples. With The Versatile Grain and the Elegant Bean, more than 300 recipes for dozens of beans and grains, the Londons surely make their case for versatility. B
The Versatile Grain and the Elegant BeanFor at least a generation, food writers have been discovering grains and beans as nourishing fare that's easy on the planet, & purse, and arteries....The Versatile Grain and the Elegant BeanNonfiction, Cooking/HomeMel London, Sheryl LondonFor at least a generation, food writers have been discovering grains and beans as nourishing fare that's easy on the planet, & purse, and arteries....1992-06-19Simon & Schuster
Genre: Nonfiction, Cooking/Home; Author: Mel London, Sheryl London; Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Posted June 19 1992 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Cameron Dallas takes fans inside MAGCON in 'Chasing Cameron' trailer
- How Mike Birbiglia got President Obama to say 'poo'
- Pauley Perrette opens up about her recovery 1 year after attack
- 'Vampire Diaries': EP reveals one character was originally a succubus
- Abrams Books ceases publication of 'Bad Little Children's Books'
- The cast of 'Hairspray Live!' reveals bizarre pre-show rituals
- Lady Gaga reveals PTSD struggle during visit to LGBT homeless shelter
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday