Country music hasn’t seen the rise of a supergroup since Alabama in 1980, but that doesn’t mean the woods aren’t full of contenders. Shenandoah forged its very commercial reputation on a soulful gospel-and-bluegrass blend, with lead singer Marty Raybon’s searing sincerity making even the tritest songs about small-town Southern values and attitudes memorable. On Long Time Comin’ the band opts for a fuller pop sound, losing some of its rootsy appeal but none of its pledge to family and friendship. B-
Long Time Comin'Country music hasn't seen the rise of a supergroup since Alabama in 1980, but that doesn't mean the woods aren't full of contenders. Shenandoah forged...Long Time Comin'CountryCountry music hasn't seen the rise of a supergroup since Alabama in 1980, but that doesn't mean the woods aren't full of contenders. Shenandoah forged...1992-06-26
Genre: Country; Producer (group): RCA
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:02 PM EST
- Justin Timberlake thanks mom, wife, and everyone who called him 'different' accepting iHeart Radio's Innovator Award
- 'Fear the Walking Dead': First promo's here
- 'Once Upon a Time': Maleficent's child's story
- iHeart Radio Music Awards winners are...
- 'Mad Max: Fury Road' posts quartet of short teasers
- Gene Saks, Tony-winning director, dies
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!