Boasting a high-tech gleam absent from grainy prints shown in theaters last winter, this letterboxed disc of Star Trek VI also restores three minutes chopped out of the theatrical version at the behest of Trek’s creator, the late Gene Roddenberry. An assassin foiled in the finale is exposed not as a Klingon but as an Ollie North-type officer — a denouement less in synch with Roddenberry’s vision of an incorruptible Starfleet but more full-bodied as drama.
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy, Action/Adventure; Starring: Leonard Nimoy, William Shatner, Kim Cattrall, James Doohan, DeForest Kelley, Christopher Plummer, Kurtwood Smith, George Takei; Director: Nicholas Meyer; Runtime (in minutes): 109; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Posted July 31 1992 — 12:00 AM EDT
- A house divided in 'House of Cards' season 4 trailer
- 'Gilmore Girls' revival casts former 'Bunheads' star Sutton Foster
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' boss teases new Murder Night and more
- Kanye West reveals final track list for album now named 'The Life of Pablo'
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: 'Deadpool' star Ryan Reynolds reveals when he feels his sexiest
- Brenda Strong compares her 'Desperate Housewives' and 'The 100' characters
- See Arcade Fire's David Bowie tribute parade
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday