Boasting a high-tech gleam absent from grainy prints shown in theaters last winter, this letterboxed disc of Star Trek VI also restores three minutes chopped out of the theatrical version at the behest of Trek’s creator, the late Gene Roddenberry. An assassin foiled in the finale is exposed not as a Klingon but as an Ollie North-type officer — a denouement less in synch with Roddenberry’s vision of an incorruptible Starfleet but more full-bodied as drama.
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy, Action/Adventure; Starring: Leonard Nimoy, William Shatner, Kim Cattrall, James Doohan, DeForest Kelley, Christopher Plummer, Kurtwood Smith, George Takei; Director: Nicholas Meyer; Runtime (in minutes): 109; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Posted July 31 1992 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Taylor Swift inducts the entire world into her squad in 'SNL' sketch
- Celebrate the 25th anniversary of 'Beverly Hills 90210' with EW's covers
- 'Quantico': Who's really the terrorist?
- 'SNL' sketch imagines married life with Miley Cyrus
- Miley Cyrus moved to tears during emotional 'SNL' performance
- 12 things you never knew about 'Beverly Hills, 90210'
- 'Saturday Night Live' slams Donald Trump during cold open