Boasting a high-tech gleam absent from grainy prints shown in theaters last winter, this letterboxed disc of Star Trek VI also restores three minutes chopped out of the theatrical version at the behest of Trek’s creator, the late Gene Roddenberry. An assassin foiled in the finale is exposed not as a Klingon but as an Ollie North-type officer — a denouement less in synch with Roddenberry’s vision of an incorruptible Starfleet but more full-bodied as drama.
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy, Action/Adventure; Starring: Leonard Nimoy, William Shatner, Kim Cattrall, James Doohan, DeForest Kelley, Christopher Plummer, Kurtwood Smith, George Takei; Director: Nicholas Meyer; Runtime (in minutes): 109; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Posted July 31 1992 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Things look dark in trailer for Kristen Wiig's new movie 'Nasty Baby'
- Bill Murray earns his 20 percent in 'Rock the Kasbah' trailer
- Daniel Craig's go-to hangover cure is ...
- IFC postpones episode of 'Documentary Now!' in wake of WBDJ shooting
- Summit's new franchise hero? Julius Caesar
- 'The Walking Dead' star Lauren Cohan says season 6 is 'suffocating'
- How realistic was that 'Breaking Bad' machine gun scene?
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Alison & Will, Julianne Hough, Rafael Nadal & More!