Boasting a high-tech gleam absent from grainy prints shown in theaters last winter, this letterboxed disc of Star Trek VI also restores three minutes chopped out of the theatrical version at the behest of Trek’s creator, the late Gene Roddenberry. An assassin foiled in the finale is exposed not as a Klingon but as an Ollie North-type officer — a denouement less in synch with Roddenberry’s vision of an incorruptible Starfleet but more full-bodied as drama.
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy, Action/Adventure; Starring: Leonard Nimoy, William Shatner, Kim Cattrall, James Doohan, DeForest Kelley, Christopher Plummer, Kurtwood Smith, George Takei; Director: Nicholas Meyer; Runtime (in minutes): 109; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Posted July 31 1992 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Ed Helms rescues Bear Grylls on 'Running Wild' (well, sort of)
- 'Daily Show' producers on Jon Stewart's last show: 'Donald Trump is not coming on'
- Drew Pearce offers update on future 'Ghostbusters' project
- A quick guide to the different versions of 'Holiday Road' in 'Vacation'
- Amazon signs 'Top Gear' trio for new show
- Amy Sedaris lends Jimmy Fallon a helping hand while his finger heals
- #NewHarryPotterBooks we'd actually want to read
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Ed Helms, Jenny McCarthy, Joel Edgerton & More!