Boasting a high-tech gleam absent from grainy prints shown in theaters last winter, this letterboxed disc of Star Trek VI also restores three minutes chopped out of the theatrical version at the behest of Trek’s creator, the late Gene Roddenberry. An assassin foiled in the finale is exposed not as a Klingon but as an Ollie North-type officer — a denouement less in synch with Roddenberry’s vision of an incorruptible Starfleet but more full-bodied as drama.
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy, Action/Adventure; Starring: Leonard Nimoy, William Shatner, Kim Cattrall, James Doohan, DeForest Kelley, Christopher Plummer, Kurtwood Smith, George Takei; Director: Nicholas Meyer; Runtime (in minutes): 109; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Posted July 31 1992 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Amy Schumer made out with her boyfriend on Kiss Cam at the Mets game
- 'Quantico' postmortem: Showrunner talks crafting this year's crisis
- 'Power' finale postmortem: What that arrest means for Ghost
- 'Quantico': Will you be tuning in to season 2?
- Lea Michele would rather Calvin Harris over Tom Hiddleston
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' showrunner addresses what happened to Chris
- 'Last Man on Earth' premiere: Will Forte on THAT celebrity cameo