Boasting a high-tech gleam absent from grainy prints shown in theaters last winter, this letterboxed disc of Star Trek VI also restores three minutes chopped out of the theatrical version at the behest of Trek’s creator, the late Gene Roddenberry. An assassin foiled in the finale is exposed not as a Klingon but as an Ollie North-type officer — a denouement less in synch with Roddenberry’s vision of an incorruptible Starfleet but more full-bodied as drama.
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy, Action/Adventure; Starring: Leonard Nimoy, William Shatner, Kim Cattrall, James Doohan, DeForest Kelley, Christopher Plummer, Kurtwood Smith, George Takei; Director: Nicholas Meyer; Runtime (in minutes): 109; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Posted July 31 1992 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Rio police charge Ryan Lochte with making false robbery report
- Terra Jolé from 'Little Women' joins 'Dancing With the Stars,' source says
- Ellie Goulding's ‘Still Falling for You’ video teases 'Bridget Jones’s Baby'
- Sarah Paulson in talks to join 'Ocean's Eight' ensemble
- Lemmy tribute statue unveiled at the Rainbow Room
- Oprah Winfrey: 'I could explain' election if I still had talk show
- Taylor Swift is skipping the VMAs, source says