Boasting a high-tech gleam absent from grainy prints shown in theaters last winter, this letterboxed disc of Star Trek VI also restores three minutes chopped out of the theatrical version at the behest of Trek’s creator, the late Gene Roddenberry. An assassin foiled in the finale is exposed not as a Klingon but as an Ollie North-type officer — a denouement less in synch with Roddenberry’s vision of an incorruptible Starfleet but more full-bodied as drama.
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy, Action/Adventure; Starring: Leonard Nimoy, William Shatner, Kim Cattrall, James Doohan, DeForest Kelley, Christopher Plummer, Kurtwood Smith, George Takei; Director: Nicholas Meyer; Runtime (in minutes): 109; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Posted July 31 1992 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Watch the new trailer for 'Hot Girls Wanted,' Netflix doc about amateur porn
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson is everyone's favorite advisor in the new 'Ballers' trailer
- Nick Jonas, Hozier, Trey Songz to perform at iHeartRadio Music Festival
- Watch the 'Broad City' ladies chat in Larry Wilmore's 'Cool Millennial Hangout Area' on 'The Nightly Show'
- Brittany Snow, Erin Andrews to host 2015 CMT Music Awards
- Emma Stone explains how Bill Murray helped her on the set of 'Aloha'
- Joyce Carol Oates doesn't think Flannery O'Connor's stamp looks anything like her