The best-known song of techno DJ Richard M. Hall (Herman Melville is a distant ancestor, hence his act’s whale name) is ”Go,” a derangement of music from the TV show ”Twin Peaks” that neatly shows how intoxicating techno can be, drenched with foreboding romance but at the same time wildly propulsive. Listen closely, and the music of Moby dissolves into wisps and patches — which only makes him seem even cooler for finding such riveting sonic bits and stringing them together with such devilish, offhand flair.
Genre: Electronic; Lead Performer: Moby; Producer (group): Instinct
Posted August 28 1992 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters