Trendsetter Tama Janowitz (Slaves of New York) is at it again: This time the novelist is attempting to lure pop-cult fans away from the tube and into the bookstore with a 40-second video for her new novel, The Male Cross-Dresser Support Group, due next month. Written and directed by the author, the vid-ad, paid for by publisher Crown and Absolut Vodka, abbreviates the story of Pamela (played by former B-52 Cindy Wilson) and her bevy of cross-dressing friends. While Justify My Love it’s not, it is a teaser the author will bring to talk shows she’s scheduled to visit, including Late Night With David Letterman and Joan Rivers. ”We’re living in a time where people don’t read,” Janowitz says, as rationale for the tubular move.
Posted August 28 1992 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Bob Dylan thanks Nobel Prize committee for honoring his songs as literature
- Chris Pratt says his son thinks acting is 'stupid'
- 'Assassin's Creed': Final trailer has plenty of new footage
- Louis Tomlinson debuts new song on ‘X Factor’ days after mom’s death
- 'Insidious: Chapter 4' first look sees Lin Shaye facing her demons
- 'Sherlock' intense season 4 trailer: 'I love you'
- Patti Smith covers Bob Dylan at Nobel Prize ceremony