These real-life ”Wayne’s World” types took approximately three minutes out of a busy skate-and-schwing schedule last spring to slam together some frat-party humor and garage metal. The snot-propelled single ”Everything About You” pushed their EP As Ugly As They Wanna Be to platinum and made Ugly Kid Joe the band every dues-paying rocker loves to hate. The Joes are not untalented — Whitfield Crane IV is one of the better vocal chameleons since Robin Zander’s first cheap tricks, and Klaus Eichstadt is an equally adept string slinger. But America’s Least Wanted is a weak attempt to pad Ugly out to LP length with Lynyrd Skynyrd licks, Mister Rogers jokes, a scarily straight Harry Chapin cover (”Cats in the Cradle”), and ”Mr. Recordman,” the most pathetic love song to a record company ever written. These kids should have quit while they were ahead. C-
America's Least WantedThese real-life ''Wayne's World'' types took approximately three minutes out of a busy skate-and-schwing schedule last spring to slam together some frat...America's Least WantedMetalThese real-life ''Wayne's World'' types took approximately three minutes out of a busy skate-and-schwing schedule last spring to slam together some frat...1992-09-18
Genre: Metal; Producer (group): Mercury Records, Stardog
Posted September 18 1992 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kanye West's 'The Life of Pablo' has finally arrived
- Jonah Hill to host 'Saturday Night Live'
- Interracial marriage drama 'Loving' acquired by Focus Features
- Lady Gaga is getting her own 'Monster High' doll
- Melissa McCarthy hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Chiwetel Ejiofor says he'll never forgive Mark from 'Love Actually'
- Hear Disney princesses sing in their original languages