These real-life ”Wayne’s World” types took approximately three minutes out of a busy skate-and-schwing schedule last spring to slam together some frat-party humor and garage metal. The snot-propelled single ”Everything About You” pushed their EP As Ugly As They Wanna Be to platinum and made Ugly Kid Joe the band every dues-paying rocker loves to hate. The Joes are not untalented — Whitfield Crane IV is one of the better vocal chameleons since Robin Zander’s first cheap tricks, and Klaus Eichstadt is an equally adept string slinger. But America’s Least Wanted is a weak attempt to pad Ugly out to LP length with Lynyrd Skynyrd licks, Mister Rogers jokes, a scarily straight Harry Chapin cover (”Cats in the Cradle”), and ”Mr. Recordman,” the most pathetic love song to a record company ever written. These kids should have quit while they were ahead. C-
America's Least WantedThese real-life ''Wayne's World'' types took approximately three minutes out of a busy skate-and-schwing schedule last spring to slam together some frat...America's Least WantedMetalThese real-life ''Wayne's World'' types took approximately three minutes out of a busy skate-and-schwing schedule last spring to slam together some frat...1992-09-18
Genre: Metal; Producer (group): Mercury Records, Stardog
Posted September 18 1992 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Rihanna's 'Bitch Better Have My Money' video is bonkers--and totally NSFW
- 'Sesame Street's' Maria is departing after more than 40 years
- Casting Net: Michael Ian Black and Missi Pyle sign on for 'Slash'
- Blood Orange releases Charleston-influenced song 'Do You See My Skin Through The Flames?'
- Rihanna has done something no one else has ever done
- Chumbawamba launched Kickstarter for I Get Knocked Down documentary
- Lifetime greenlights flick about Charles Manson gals