These real-life ”Wayne’s World” types took approximately three minutes out of a busy skate-and-schwing schedule last spring to slam together some frat-party humor and garage metal. The snot-propelled single ”Everything About You” pushed their EP As Ugly As They Wanna Be to platinum and made Ugly Kid Joe the band every dues-paying rocker loves to hate. The Joes are not untalented — Whitfield Crane IV is one of the better vocal chameleons since Robin Zander’s first cheap tricks, and Klaus Eichstadt is an equally adept string slinger. But America’s Least Wanted is a weak attempt to pad Ugly out to LP length with Lynyrd Skynyrd licks, Mister Rogers jokes, a scarily straight Harry Chapin cover (”Cats in the Cradle”), and ”Mr. Recordman,” the most pathetic love song to a record company ever written. These kids should have quit while they were ahead. C-
America's Least WantedThese real-life ''Wayne's World'' types took approximately three minutes out of a busy skate-and-schwing schedule last spring to slam together some frat...America's Least WantedMetalThese real-life ''Wayne's World'' types took approximately three minutes out of a busy skate-and-schwing schedule last spring to slam together some frat...1992-09-18
Genre: Metal; Producer (group): Mercury Records, Stardog; Status: In Season
Posted September 18 1992 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Agents of SHIELD' return tells the birth of a superhero
- 'Fifty Shades of Wayne' replaces Christian Grey with, yes, Batman
- From 'People': Ellie Goulding joins 'The Voice' as Adam Levine's adviser
- Justin Bieber really wants Seth Rogen to roast him
- Christine Lahti cast opposite Terry O'Quinn in ABC's 'The Adversaries'
- Zachary Quinto remembers Leonard Nimoy as a 'father figure'
- Wilmer Valderrama signs on to Fox's 'Minority Report' pilot