Rapper A.L.T.’s ”lost civilization” is Southern California’s Chicano low-rider culture, which worships sweet, slow cars and has never lost its taste for traditional rhythm & blues. Another Latin Timebomb gives us new takes on oldies like ”Tequila” (a club hit), as well as thick funk bass lines and the rapid-fire phrasing of dancehall reggae. Rap purists may find the emphasis on melodies corny, or even reactionary. From moment to moment though, the guy is just flat-out funny. You won’t hear a better — or more humbling — rhyme than ”I drive a Toyota/It’s older than Yoda” any time soon. B+
Another Latin TimebombRapper A.L.T.'s ''lost civilization'' is Southern California's Chicano low-rider culture, which worships sweet, slow cars and has never lost its taste for...Another Latin TimebombHip-Hop/RapRapper A.L.T.'s ''lost civilization'' is Southern California's Chicano low-rider culture, which worships sweet, slow cars and has never lost its taste for...1992-10-02
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Producer (group): Atco
Posted October 2 1992 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Ellen Page says her 'Freeheld' role inspired her to come out
- 'Brides of Dracula' series from 'Arrow' producer gets NBC pilot commitment
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: Travis Wall on why the judges 'floored' him this week
- Christina Applegate is a terrible Meryl Streep in Funny or Die's Lifetime spoof
- Wrestling legend Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka charged in 1983 murder
- Meet Denise, Kermit the Frog's new love interest
- And the Oscar producing gig goes to...
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Andrew & Laura, Rihanna and More!