Rapper A.L.T.’s ”lost civilization” is Southern California’s Chicano low-rider culture, which worships sweet, slow cars and has never lost its taste for traditional rhythm & blues. Another Latin Timebomb gives us new takes on oldies like ”Tequila” (a club hit), as well as thick funk bass lines and the rapid-fire phrasing of dancehall reggae. Rap purists may find the emphasis on melodies corny, or even reactionary. From moment to moment though, the guy is just flat-out funny. You won’t hear a better — or more humbling — rhyme than ”I drive a Toyota/It’s older than Yoda” any time soon. B+
Another Latin TimebombRapper A.L.T.'s ''lost civilization'' is Southern California's Chicano low-rider culture, which worships sweet, slow cars and has never lost its taste for...Another Latin TimebombHip-Hop/RapRapper A.L.T.'s ''lost civilization'' is Southern California's Chicano low-rider culture, which worships sweet, slow cars and has never lost its taste for...1992-10-02
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Producer (group): Atco
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Hugh Jackman teases final go-round as 'Wolverine' on Instagram
- J.K. Rowling's 'Casual Vacancy' miniseries gets a trailer
- Sacha Baron Cohen as Freddie Mercury
- Justin Moore on touring with Miranda Lambert, new music, and getting to play Madison Square Garden
- What we're reading now: Hammer Head by Nina MacLaughlin
- Trevor Noah eyed as 'Daily Show' host?
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Sienna Miller Kate & Kate and More!